- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- General Accounting
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance Required
8 years accounting, including 5 years supervisory experience Required
Other Healthcare Accounting Required
Licenses and Certifications
This position assists in various activities surrounding the preparation of financial statements and supporting documents, leads performance of monthly financial analysis activities, and oversees review of accounting system inputs/outputs for accuracy and reasonableness. This position will take system-wide process ownership for major initiatives, processes and other integration activities. Coordinates various projects including, but not limited to annual audit and tax returns. Provides financial and technical expertise to support daily operations and recommend improvements to department processes.
This position's responsibilities includes, but are not limited to, reviewing advanced reports, anticipating significant business transactions and monitoring transactional impact to financial statements, reviewing complex analysis of financial information for all entities, and reviewing general ledger account reconciliations. This position's responsibilities also include assembling, obtaining, and reviewing support for varied accounting and finance functions. Incumbent directs staff to gather, process, and summarize complex financial information to provide support to the organization's fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles related to the goals of the company. This position requires a broad understanding of net revenue, payer reimbursement methodologies, and physician contracting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and will monitor industry trends and examine policy development regarding accounting, healthcare and any other areas specific to business needs. Additionally, this position must maintain a collaborative spirit and foster strong relationships across the department and throughout the organization.
Oversees the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Ensures timely coordination of the month-end close process and year end external audit within all of General Accounting. Reviews compilation of data for and regularly scheduled or special reports, for individual departments and upper management for reasonableness and accuracy. Monitors the accuracy of reports and schedules prepared for month-end and year-end financial close. Provides a high level of financial and technical expertise and assistance to executive staff by effectively preparing and communicating financial information as requested and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Directs personnel, managers, and supervisors assigned to the department. Plans, establishes, and revises work assignments. Interviews, selects and recommends hiring of personnel. Initiates changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. Settles employee problems and administers appropriate discipline action.
- Responsible for assuring the accuracy and completeness of monthly balancing of the FAS to the general ledger. Oversees and evaluates internal controls in place, detects weaknesses in accounting processes and makes appropriate recommendations in accordance with COSO. Recommends new procedures or changes to existing procedures Executive Staff. Assists in the development of organizational controls.
- In collaboration with management, leads team in special accounting projects including, but not limited to, unclaimed property, research, captive insurance, and inventory. Represents the department in absence executive leadership.
- Project lead for review of data collection and schedule preparation needed in order to complete companies’ annual corporate tax returns by third party company
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.