- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HR Total Rewards
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
- 8am - 5pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' work related experience HR, Business or related field Required
2 years Related experience Required
The ADA Specialist serves as a liaison between business lines, outsourced vendor partners and employees. Responsibilities include pursuing return-to-work management and collaboration to ensure effective administration of the program. Assist HR and department supervisors in identifying essential and marginal functions of employed positions. This role will also provide consultation, coaching and education regarding accommodation matters to designated HR partners, managers and employees. This position must understand HonorHealth business operations and have a deep understanding of ADA, FMLA, statutory leaves and disability policies and laws in addition to the job accommodation processes. The ADA Specialist must demonstrate the ability to collaborate in order to achieve goals for the company and employees.
- Provide information, referral and support to employees with medical conditions or disabilities, supervisors, Human Resources, and other partners and vendors. Perform accommodation reviews to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, company policies and standard work to support employee requests for accommodation.
- Operate as an advocate for the accommodations process by providing on-going consultative support to business units with a focus on problem-solving and creative solutions. Assist employees in understanding their restrictions and limitations and their legal rights and responsibilities. Coordinate the accommodation process and provide end-to-end case management including engaging the employee, vendors, work location and other stakeholders to determine and finalize accommodate approval/denials.
- Facilitate escalated communication between business units, employees with disabilities, as well as Leave of Absence, STD, LTD and Workers’ Compensation stakeholders. Support the development and implementation of a stay-at-work program for work- related or personal injuries or illnesses as well as programs supporting return-to-work.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and Legal on escalated issues as appropriate. Serve as a subject matter expert on the accommodation process as well as state and federal disability laws.
- Keep updated on legislation and national, state and local issues affecting access for employees with disabilities
- Document and maintain up-to-date case records and notes of appropriate and accurate information
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.