Admitting Services Rep - Part Time Weekend Nights - Sonoran Crossing Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Part-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 33423 N. 32nd Ave
- Work Hours
- Saturday- Sunday 7pm-7am
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Six (6) months medical office, hospital registration/business/banking/medical insurance office experience Required
Admits clients to the hospital, which includes collecting information and deposits, completing forms and obtaining signatures, scanning ID cards/documents, and updating ADT systems. Ensures all patients are efficiently and accurately registered and prioritizes patients during period of high volume.
- Greets patients and the public, providing necessary information in a courteous and professional manner while supporting HIPAA regulations and HonorHealth confidentiality standards. Ensures a positive patient experience by addressing patient questions and concerns in an empathetic and professional manner.
- Processes pre-registered accounts, completes registration and admissions information by obtaining patient demographic, insurance, financial and medical information in accordance to revenue cycle criteria.
- Obtains required signatures on all medical, financial and compliance documents. Prepares supportive paperwork, including patient identification band to assure accurate patient identification in accordance with Red Rule Policies.
- Scans all appropriate documents into the electronic medical and financial record, including patient identification, insurances cards, patient advanced directives, Conditions of Admissions, Financial Agreements, physician orders/scripts and any other pertinent paperwork.
- Responsible for adhering to all third party payer requirements including Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, Blue Cross and commercial plans. Verifies insurance eligibility and coverage and executes appropriate insurance notification procedures. Obtains prior authorization in order to avoid non-compliance, denials and/or penalties to the patient, hospital and physician(s). Initiates notifications to insurances as required. Checks for medical necessity and follows appropriate procedures depending on results. Keeps supervisor and/or lead informed of all unique situations and problem accounts.
- Requests and accepts payments for balances due on accounts upon admission or at the time of discharge, including patient co-payment, deductible, and co-insurance responsibilities and pre-payments for uninsured or underinsured patients.
- Collaborates within the multi-disciplinary health care team to facilitate and ensure patient satisfaction and maximization of reimbursement. Helps with department training when needed.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.