Anatomical Lab Services Manager at Shea Full Time Days Up to 10K Transition Incentive
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- LAB Anatomic Pathology
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:30pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Science-related area Required
5 years as a Histotechnologist (HTL) in a clinical setting. Required
5 years supervisory experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
HTL (ASCP) & QIHC Required
Under the direction of the System Director of Laboratory Services, acts as an administrative and technical leadership resource for Histology, Cytology and AP Administrative Laboratory Services at all campuses. Develops, interprets, and implements department policies and procedures, develops budgets and maintains fiscal operations based on acquired short/long term data. Assumes administrative responsibilities for assigned areas in the absence of the Director.
- Manages personnel/subordinate supervisors assigned to the clinical section. Plans, establishes and revises work assignments. Interviews, selects, and hires staff. Initiates changes in classification, salary action, promotion, demotion, transfer and termination. Evaluates staff performance. Settles staff concerns and administers corrective action.
- Determines and implements solutions for issues relating to integration of departments, daily operations, equipment service, personnel and patient care in assigned areas.
- Assures adequate staffing, maintains payroll records, statistical information and other documents.
- Maintains laboratory services in accordance with standards established by the Hospital Administration, Medical Director, and such state, local and federal standards which may apply. Complies with all regulatory agencies (OSHA, CAP, CMS).
- In conjunction with the Director, implements and monitors CQI programs for the Laboratory Department. Advises and assists local community colleges in the clinical training of Technologists.
- Develops budgets and capital purchases. Assures operational costs are within budgetary guidelines, monitors budget variances. Initiates, facilitates, or monitors cost control or billing/coding initiates.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.