- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Innovation Care Partners
- Innovation Care Partners
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9201 E MOUNTAIN VIEW RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' related experience Computer Science (or related program) or 4 years experience in database administration and development Required
5 years 5 years experience in database administration and application development Required
1 year 1 Year Healthcare IT Required
The Sr. Applications Systems Engineer will provide database and development expertise in the creation and modification of applications and systems. The Sr. Applications Systems Engineer will be able to work in a clinical environment to disseminate the needs of the staff in modifying user interfaces and structuring required information. In addition, the Sr. Applications Systems Engineer will provide system analysis, database query design and optimization, documentation, development, web site maintenance. The position will be responsible for various application engine designs, configuration, and deployment.
- Provides administration, technical support, and development for environments located within company owned data centers as well as co-located and cloud-based resources. System administrator of database servers and databases.
- Produces specialized reports/data. Analyzes data and reports for anomalies or indicators. Reviews report data and information trends to identify opportunities for improvement and pro-active resolution of deficiencies.
- Develops web pages, user interfaces, system interfaces and data deliverables using a variety of programming and scripting languages, applications, and systems.
- Recommends new systems software and applications. Reviews vendor reports or visits vendors to observe demonstration of systems software, database systems, and applications. Participate with software evaluations. Participates in programs regarding technical support issues, product offerings, software evaluations, etc. Analyzes changes in software and operating systems issued by manufacturer, author, or vendor and determine impact on existing production systems, systems design, programming standards, and operating procedures. Reviews all designs, codes, and unit test plans where applicable.
- Coordinates the implementation, installation, modification, testing, training and integration of interfaces and data transmissions and with the client community at multiple locations in Phoenix/Scottsdale. Produces a detailed time line for each interface installation and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software installation and configuration while reporting the status to management. Ensures consistency and maintainability of interfaces by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Participate on project teams and committees. Represent the IT function at review meetings as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge in new and existing software to ensure productivity, capability, and return on investment.
- Available for occasional off-hours emergencies.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2019-22251