Applications Analyst III - Patient Access
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- IT Apps & Informatics
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Nursing, Information Systems (IS) or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and progressively responsible experience that will result in the required specialized knowledge and abilities to perform the assigned work in lieu of degree. Required
Five (5) years healthcare, consulting, or IT related experience that demonstrates an advanced understanding of the standard tools, workflow processes, and/or procedures and concepts used in the deployment and development of application software necessary to run the healthcare systems business, clinical or financial systems. Required
The Applications Analyst III is responsible for the continuing deployment, development and support of vendor proprietary hospital application software necessary to run clinical, financial, or business systems within a large integrated hospital system. The Analyst will mentor and develop other application analysts, educates others on best practices and may be responsible or oversee other department personnel.
In addition, the Applications Analyst participates in a support on-call rotation facilitating off hour work functions in support of incidents, upgrades, patches, and project task fulfillment.
- May lead department personnel. Provides support for departmental users, associated medical staff, key stakeholders, management and leadership to resolve end user issues, workflow problems, enhancement requests, and provide direction on fixes to known issues. Identifies and coordinates enterprise workflow improvement opportunities and leads in analysis and implementation. Coordinates, facilitates, and organizes preparation of data analysis for business plans and other business improvement analyses including the gathering of appropriate data and information. Prepares and presents on issues to senior management and Operations leads.
- Evaluates how future technology solutions and methodologies affect current and future business practices. Researches (proactively) for opportunities to leverage technology in the business.
Collects information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
Investigates the preferred choices of the application users and management.
Analyzes data conversion needs.
Responds to Vendor’s technical questions and Business Unit’s questions.
Prepares details of specifications as needed for prioritization and build.
Facilitates, coordinates and prepares recommendations in decision papers and presentations for governance prioritization and approval.
- Defines, develops and mentors on the change management, project management, and documentation policies and standards, established by the Information Technology Department and Project Management Office for maintenance, requests and new initiatives.
Produces quality deliverables, on-time and on budget
Completes all documentation as required
Attends all required meetings, arriving on time, and prepared to participate
Responds to calls and emails in a timely manner
Works closely with peers, work groups and business units; including vendor(s) as required.
Prepares decision documents in presentable formats including the Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation (SBAR) and Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threat Analysis (SWOT)
Provides technical peer review of less experienced staff to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Performs the following functions as needed:
Aids trainers during user training.
Prepares of tips sheets, training materials or release briefs as required.
If interfaces and conversions will be critical, ensure that data interfacing into applications meets business needs - both for ongoing interfaces and one-time data conversions.
Develops effective working relationships with teammates and vendor applications support personnel.
Ensures that information systems are consistent with regulatory and professional standards of clinical practice and adhere to best practice informatics principles.
Keeps current with health industry initiatives and required supporting skill sets. Seeks opportunities to broaden knowledge base.
- Fully accountable for defining and providing quality assurance in change control procedures for the application.
Maintains rules for how each new version is released.
Prioritizes and implements changes requested for the system.
Coordinates software updates and changes with users.
Develops testing plans/scripts including conditions, expected results and test data based on knowledge of quality control and quality assurance standards.
Follows established change management procedures for testing, documenting, and communicating system changes.
Documents workflow changes and recommend business procedure modifications.
- Populates tables and databases, for a domain with multiple owners, with assistance from Vendor and Information Technology staff.
Coordinates joint application development sessions.
Defines standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
Works with users on the sharing of data, category lists, etc.
Works with project teams, log changes, and manage the core master file setups in all environments without supervision.
Documents additions, changes, and deletions as required for application/system documentation and change management.
Develops integrated approach to ensure minimal negative impact to functions and workflows for populating databases.
- Leads complex technical and workflow root cause analysis, project implementations, workgroups external to HonorHealth. Develops/reviews operational goals and procedures pertaining to use of information systems. Maintains knowledge of standards accreditation agencies and incorporate same into HonorHealth standards.
On an as needed basis, performs in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of integrated applications.
Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, including documentation for Level 1 Service desk to improve First Call Resolution.
Documents and communicates work-around procedures until resolution realized.
- Initiates, maintains and communicates action plans regarding system implementation and support to appropriate members of HonorHealth. Communicates complex concepts and issues effectively (written and oral) across all levels of the organization. Partners with others to provide problem solving within and between departments. Prepares and provides written communications, diagrams, swim lane workflows and presentations on integrated issues and problems.
Maintains open communication with user groups of assigned applications and meets on a regular basis with primary staff to discuss issues, problem resolutions and to share health industry information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.