ASSOC GENERAL COUNSEL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
JD Juris Doctorate Required
Ten (10) years of healthcare related legal experience. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Registered as an attorney with the Supreme Court of Arizona and be licensed to appear and practice in all courts and agencies in the State of Arizona, or licensed to practice in another state and registered and licensed in Arizona within twelve (12) months of hire. Required
The Associate General Counsel is responsible for advising on a wide variety of legal matters, including contract language, affiliations, labor and employment laws, leases, medical staff matters, and fraud and abuse analysis.
- Provides primary support to designated areas of the organization on legal issues, including support on strategic transactional matters, review and response to claims, providing advice to staff, and review of policy revisions to comply with federal and state requirements. Manages and coordinates with outside counsel on claims and transactions as needed.
- Researches a broad range of laws and regulations affecting the organization, including but not limited to federal and state laws and regulations affecting the business of healthcare facilities; Medicare, Medicaid, fraud and abuse, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and antitrust issues; procurement; conflict of interest; compliance; tax-exempt issues; labor and employment; and affirmative action. Prepares legal memoranda as requested.
- Drafts, negotiates, and reviews contracts and related documents, including for the provision of health care and related services, procurement of goods and services, affiliation with other institutions, confidentiality of proprietary information, physician employment and services, leases of space and equipment, software licenses, and electronic transmission of healthcare data.
- Provides general legal advice and direction to the organization’s family of companies, senior management, the medical staff, leadership and employees on a wide variety of matters to resolve operational issues, including patient related situations.
- Oversees the organization’s contract management policies and procedures. Supervises the Contract Administrator and Contract Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.