ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR IM RESIDENCY PROGRAM
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- GME TPK Intnal Med Resid
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 20201 N SCOTTSDALE HEALTH
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
M.D. or D.O Required
Licenses and Certifications
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, ABIM Required
The Associate Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program mentors Internal Medicine Residents in the practice of internal medicine and provides medical care for patients in an ambulatory, inpatient and/or subspecialty setting. The Associate Director coordinates and directs a variety of curriculum areas and performs administrative duties for the residency program and the hospital as assigned by the Program Director. This position participates in and develops educational programs for residents and other faculty members. The Associate Director also contributes to and supervises scholarly activities at the state, regional or national level for residents and other members of staff.
- Participates as an attending physician caring for patients.
- Supervises resident care for patients.
- Designs, implements, and coordinates assigned curricular areas, scholarly activity and educational programs.
- Participates in residency, hospital, and community related committees as assigned.
- Participates in weekly teaching of students/residents/faculty at conferences.
- Participates in administrative responsibilities for the Internal Medicine program including but not limited to resident evaluation, recruitment and interviewing applicants, performing the Program Director duties in her/his absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned