Associate Vice President - Orthopedics
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- SL Orthopedic Institute
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or related field. Required
10 years progressive management or administrative experience at the strategic, influencer level managing a high volume service line across a network. Required
The ASSOCIATE VP ORTHOPEDICS is responsible for the administrative leadership for Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal Service Line (OMSL) throughout the Network. Partners with physicians, other providers, and administrative/operational to achieve continuous improvement in terms of patient experience, quality outcomes, patient safety, clinical efficiency, supply chain metrics, service distribution strategy, physician alignment, volume growth, and overall financial performance across the OSLWorks collaboratively with the health system executives, CIN leaders, and physician leaders to differentiate the OMSL from local and national competitors. Leads the development of OMSL physician alignment strategy, payor strategy, program strategy (e.g. Center of Excellence), and service distribution strategy. Leads existing OMSL Co-management model, and looks for opportunity to implement new/innovative orthopedic physician alignment models to further the quality and growth of OMSL. Works collaboratively with Network and Facility administrative leadership on operational and capital budgets, and on new technology evaluation. Works with appropriate stakeholders to lead the development of best practice clinical guidelines and care pathway models that reflect the evolution to population health management. Leads related quality reporting and accreditation activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements within this area of influence. Seen as a highly visible, flexible and service oriented team player who seeks innovative actions to support the organization's goals. Partners with facility leaders to provide direction, and hold accountable, all clinical and non clinical team members who deliver the day to day clinical and business operations for the OMSL. Works in tandem with facility COO's and CMOs to develop and maintain exemplary physician relations with all orthopedic and musculoskeletal specialists including joint replacement, sports medicine, trauma, spine, hand, foot and ankle, oncology, podiatry, physiatrists, rheumatology, anesthesia pain and medical orthopedics. Scope of OMSL AVP responsibility includes all acute care facilities, as well as joint ventured ASCs.
Reports to Executive Vice President or designee
- Provides leadership in the development and enhancement of OMSL programs and services across the continuum of care, which includes facilitating site of care strategy that supports transition to population health environment.
•Directs development of OMSL strategic plan, including short and long-term growth and performance measures.
•Assesses competitive market for OMSL, and recommends potentially differentiating opportunities and strategies.
•Identifies quality improvement, patient safety, and clinical efficiency opportunities for the service line.
•Projects physician talent and provider needs and works with various physician alignment models to execute recruitment or coverage arrangements that support network strategies.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with service line physicians, facilitating their collaborative support of jointly beneficial patient-centered initiatives. Serves as the primary HonorHealth liaison to the orthopedic and musculoskeletal physician community. Regularly communicates and interacts with physicians on key network initiatives that are of relevance to them. Routinesly eeks out physician input and keeps them informed of project status.
- Establishes relationships with Clinical Integration Network leaders to ensure collaboration in efforts to decrease costs and improve quality across the care continuum, and when appropriate to develop alternative payment model structures.
- Oversees and manages the Orthopedic Institute Co management mode, or other OMSL financial alighment models, for the designated network entities. Manages operating board and facilitates committee work to achieve metrics. Facilitates data analysis and provides transparent processes for physician leaders to engage in continuous improvement efforts.
•Develops and oversees annual operating plans, operating budgets and capital budgets.
•Collaborates with Network leaders to ensure an efficient Orthopedic delivery system
•Responsible for a high quality patient experience and overall satisfaction
- Influences quality of care for all patients served by the network.
•Stays current on new trends in orthopedics and musculoskeletal health; seeks best practice systems and care models and offers recommendations.
•Supports high level of competency of staff for patient care.
•Prepares and provides education offerings on new techniques and processes.
•Participates in or coordinates (in conjunction with HonorHealth Research Institute personnel) activities related to research.
•In collaboration with Quality team, oversees and directs quality assurance monitors for quality of care.
•Helps identify and coordinate Continuing Medical Education for physicians and involved employees.
- Leads evaluation focused o development of centers of excellence and other program certifications, accreditations and distinctions within the OMSL, with goal of creating a market-differentiating level of high quality, efficient patient care
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.