Benefits Representative - Scottsdale Corporate
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HR Total Rewards
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- M - F, 8am - 4:30pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years 2 Year Employee Benefits experience.
Health and Welfare Benefits. In-depth understanding of employee benefits rules and regulations including PPACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA and Section 125. Required
The BENEFITS REP Reviews and administers the employee benefit programs including the enrollment process, maintenance of employee benefit records, and leave of absence program. Is the primary contact for both employees and vendors on benefits related matters. Ensures compliance with both COBRA and HIPAA. Works with the third party administrator (TPA) to resolve any issues that may arise. Advises employees on eligibility and plan provisions, as needed.
May coordinate the transfer of 401k funds, coordinates Health Savings Account contributions, processes monthly vendor premiums and processes benefit enrollments. Presents benefits plans, costs and procedures in both group presentations and individual discussions, and represents Benefit Department to all levels of employees and outside agencies. This position acts as a team member of the annual Benefits Fair and open enrollment process.
The incumbent must work independently with little supervision and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of latitude is required.
- Processes employee benefit transactions, status changes, and qualified events into the HRIS system. Performs weekly quality audits for accuracy and completeness. Scans all documents into HRIS system.
- Primary telephone contact for the Benefits department. Consults with employees regarding eligibility, coverage and issue resolution; troubleshoots and resolves routine benefit issues. Gathers all information needed on the more difficult issues to be presented to the supervisor.
- Manages the course of Short Term Disability (STD), Personal, Educational and Family Medical leave of absence. Does so through frequent written and verbal communications with staff members, managers, supervisors and treating physicians, where applicable.
- Notifies TPA of COBRA eligibility upon staff member’s termination. In accordance with the law, works with TPA to ensure appropriate COBRA notices are given to the employee.
- Distributes appropriate benefits information to employees on a timely basis; includes, Summary Plan Description(s), ID Cards, provider directories and other related information, as needed.
- Assists with annual open enrollment, benefit fairs, and communication of new benefits and changes to employees.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.