Care Navigator - Medical Group - Primary Care - Glendale
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group Admin
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 6220 W BELL RD #100
- Work Hours
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
HonorHealth is looking for a Care Navigator that will have a home base at the Glendale clinic located at W. Bell Rd & N 63rd Ave but required to travel to multiple clinic locations to support the clinics' needs. There are (5) five other Care Navigators that provide the same services and purposes to the team to the ideal candidate must be a medical assistant with both front and back office experience and have the ability to work independently, with little oversight as well as be team centric and have the ability to perform patient outreach, be flexible and meet deadlines and be productive. The hours for this role are Monday - Friday; 8a to 5p.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Outpatient, ambulatory care, specialty care or community health experience. Required
1 year Medical terminology Required
Licenses and Certifications
Basic Life Support (BLS) Required
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B. Required
The Care Navigator is responsible to assist the department in ongoing Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) collection and Quality Improvement Activities to close gaps in care for insurance companies, Innovation Care Partners (ICP) and other internal quality projects. This position includes ongoing quality improvement activities to assure the organization's quality programs with ICP are implemented and meet all requirements for successful quality metric reporting. For patients with gaps in care, the Care Coordinator Specialist will follow outreach protocols to make appointments for the patients as necessary.
- Collaborates with onsite leadership, medical assistant and providers at each clinic for gap closure and to complete quality care goals. Assist clinical teams with proper documentation/requirements for quality requirements.
- Participates in chart scrubbing, retrieval of medical records and data collection to support monthly and ongoing Innovation Care Partners (ICP) initiatives for quality improvement and to close outstanding care gaps.
- Identify all patients with outstanding care gaps via roster from ICP or insurance payer. Pre-screen all scheduled patients via Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to identify opportunities to close gaps. Follow outreach protocols to schedule patients for necessary visits, labs, procedures, etc.
- Analyze quality measures and identify opportunity trends for better patient health outcomes. Update health maintenance as indicated during chart auditing.
- Ability to use multiple insurance and quality data bases with ICP to support successful Care Gap closure for patients.
- Responsible for ongoing data submission to ICP and insurance payers.
- Participate in monthly ICP meetings or webinars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.