Catering Specialist - 5:30a-2:00p, varied days- Thompson Peak Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Food Srvcs
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
- Work Hours
- mostly 5:30a-2:00p, varied days of the week
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Other Read, write & speak English Required
Vocational/Technical training or Experience in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts at technical school, community college or 2 years experience working under the direction of a Certified Chef.
2 years with 1 year in catering Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Required
Insurable by SHC Policy Required
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Required
Schedules, plans, and coordinates catering for meetings, conferences, and education events. Selects menus, forecasts products required, and arranges for rental items. Prepares food, sets up and serves catering clients.
- Prepares and seasons cold entrees, salads and desserts. Assembles foods for service. Garnishes according to standards. Plans next day’s production schedule and preps food items accordingly.
- Coordinates activities of catering staff and assigns tasks. Trains staff in approved operating procedures and standards. Evaluates staffing requirements for special events and schedules staff accordingly. Prepares performance appraisals.
- Plans menus for requested meals and refreshments. Collaborates with Chef and Manager to create custom menus upon request. Costs menus and prepares food order for buyer. Provides cost estimates and suggestions for catering clients.
- Routinely monitors temperature and quality of foods prepared. Ensures that all foods prepared and served meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- Organizes meeting room setup for catered events. Orders rental equipment, linen and supplies.
- Drives hospital vehicle to deliver and set up off-site catering events. Transports food supplies to catering site; verifies set up in advance for all meetings and events including table arrangement, audiovisual equipment, housekeeping, and food presentation. Removes all items from room at the end of the event. Secures meeting room and equipment.
- Maintains records of all activities and expenses. Prepares end of the month reports. Prepares invoices and bills for meeting and catering events.
- Interfaces with other SHC departments and services. Encourages efficient use of rooms and resources. Enhances public relation efforts.
- Plans and coordinates food production schedules so that foods will be ready at required times and in specified amounts.
- Inspects preparation and storage areas. Ensures compliance with department standards and Health Department regulations.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.