Central Venous Cath Specialist at John C Lincoln Full Time Days Lines Team
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- CV Respiratory Therapy
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Vocational/Specialized training Graduate from Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) approved Respiratory Care program Required
3 years Respiratory Care experience or 1 year critical care experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Respiratory\RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist Upon Hire Required
Respiratory\RCP - Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner Upon Hire Required
and Completion of following courses: PICC insertion, EKG interpretation, X-ray reading certification, Advance hemodynamic, 12 lead EKG interpretation, IV starting course, Xray free PICC insertion course. Upon Hire Required
This position independently provides and maintains arterial line (A-line), deep venous (IV), midline catheters, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), and/or Central venous catheters (CVC), and/or Acute Hemodialysis catheter access. Conducts patient assessments, obtains consults of procedure, gathers correct blood values and patient information, and provides recommendations regarding the correct invasive catheter, optimal, for the therapy required to the patient. Provides assistance with departmental activities, serves as specialist assisting in quality improvement and development of best practice guidelines. Responsible for achieving a superior performance in specialty areas of all hemodynamic monitoring, line maintenance, correct use, and access of invasive lines. Performs all Respiratory Care Practitioner duties and may supervise others, if required to do so
- Inserts and maintains arterial lines, midlines, PICC lines and any other vascular access device responsible and competent, according to department policy and procedures to include dressing changes, transducer changes, line reviews, flushing of ports and de-clotting. Uses ultrasound technology to ensure accurate insertion of arterial lines and PICC lines. Reviews chest X-rays to ensure accurate placement of central venous catheters and/or X-ray free technology, using ECG tip placement, to verify accurate central line tip placement. Maintains sterile field throughout insertion process, following IHI bundle compliance. Provides accurate, timely and appropriate documentation into the electronic medical record.
- Reviews labs, patient history and physician orders to determine appropriate line to be utilized for the procedure and/or identify potential issues that may arise or preclude the patient from being a viable candidate of arterial and/or vascular access. Collaborates with physicians to determine appropriate long-term access needs. Obtains patient’s authorization to perform the procedure. Inserts peripheral venous and/or arterial catheters to provide access or more complex vascular access as indicated within department policy and procedures
- Performs or assists with intubations when necessary according to departmental policy and procedure and maintains competency as demonstrated through observation, demonstration and accurate documentation.
- Dispenses pharmacological solutions as prescribed by physician.
•Must possess and utilize a general knowledge of indications, contraindications, and complications of medications administered through aerosalization. Will respond accordingly to policy and procedure in the event of adverse reactions and/or inappropriate orders as demonstrated through observation and documentation.
•Utilize assessment skills to implement protocols or initiate physician consultation.
•Will demonstrate Medselect or PXYIs competency through monitoring and observation.
- Assist the RNs in beside procedures as required. Takes physician’s verbal orders and transcribes appropriately.
Performs bag and mask ventilation and maintains an adequate airway and assists with life threatening events. Attends all resuscitations and traumas as assigned.
Performs basic pulmonary function testing, including determination of vital capacity, forced inspiratory/expiratory flows, flow volume loops, and peak flow maneuvers. Performs resting and exercise oximetry testing. Some therapists perform complete pulmonary function studies including diffusion, lung volumes, body box procedures and Pulmonary stress procedures.
Collects soiled equipment from patient areas, transports to CV Respiratory Therapy department or appropriate cleaning area and cleans, disinfects, sterilizes and packages respiratory care equipment as needed. Performs minor trouble shooting of equipment as necessary. Recognizes when equipment needs to be repaired or have preventative maintenance performed and takes the necessary steps to resolve the issue.
- Provides cv respiratory therapy services as prescribed in accordance with established department policies and procedures, assist in IAPB insertion, associated invasive cardiac outputs/profile and non-invasive cardiac outputs. Maintains ISTAT and/or blood gas equipment and functions according to established policy and procedures.
Acts as a resource to therapists and other healthcare practitioners regarding patient status, equipment and operational issues. Provides customers with an excellent service experience in demonstrating living performance standard behaviors.
Remains current in new products, equipment and technical practices. Provides maintenance of associated equipment as demonstrated through observation and didactic training. Will share with other specialists, supervisors and leadership of significant changes in standards of care.
Provides training, orientation and patient education to staff, patients and families in accordance with policy and procedures. Assists in the development of departmental policy and procedures based on best practice standards.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.