CHAPLAIN Per Diem/On Call Night Shift Scottsdale
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- Chaplaincy Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- Nights and weekends coverage
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Master's Degree in Religion, Pastoral Counseling, Theology, or Spirituality. Required
One (1) year experience with patient and family interaction/visitation in a hospital or hospice context as chaplain or clergy. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Other CPE Student/Resident in training with APCE approved Supervisor. Required
Responsibilities include providing spiritual care to patients, families and staff in urgent/emergency medical situations such as end of life and possible end of life with family present. Provides spiritual assessments and documentation of emotional and spiritual interventions of care in the patient's medical record.
- Respond to urgent/emergency medical situations such as end of life/possible end of life with family present within 30 minutes. Debrief and support staff who are engaged in and managing emotionally charged situations and experiences. Utilize empathic listening skills and training to evaluate patient, family and staff’s spiritual needs. Communicate with sensitivity, clarity and compassion in all conversations. After the initial visit is completed, the Chaplain is expected to visit with the Admin Rep (if possible) and then round various nursing stations (ICU, ED) to discern if there are any other emergency type situations and if so, address these situations before leaving the hospital. The only reason that a Chaplain is to stay longer than 2 hours is for another ongoing emergency situation.
- Act as a liaison and facilitator between patient, family, physician, hospital staff and community clergy during periods of crisis such as end of life or possible end of life with family present.
- Serve as an educational resource to families and staff on a variety of topics related to spiritual care through consultation, and utilize resources efficiently by recommending or initiating referrals to appropriate health care team members. While at the hospital the Chaplain will initiate referrals to community clergy upon patient/family request.
- Document Chaplain emotional and spiritual interventions of care in the patient's medical record. Communicates patient visits in the logbook in the Chaplain’s office or through email to the Chaplain Services Coordinator with appropriate follow up information.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to maintain professional standards and certification.
- Actively participate in scheduled continuing education programs and chaplaincy team meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.