Deer Valley Med Center
M-F, but varries
This position assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission and critical goals of the organization into their job performance. Provides clinical management and operational direction for areas of responsibility. Provides leadership and coordination within their areas of responsibility. Serves as tactical point person as it relates to patient care, staff development, physician relationships, quality initiatives, program development, and system-wide success. Assures evidence-based patient care by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice.
All RN staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients must have knowledge of:
* Stroke symptoms and warning signs
* Protocols and pathways used to identify, evaluate and management of stroke patients
* NIHSS and Modified Rankin Stroke scales
* Code Brain activation and protocol
* Stroke quality indicators
* Available stroke patient education materials and community resources
* Educational requirements
* Stroke Center website resources
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited NLN institution.
All staff who have direct responsibility for the care of stroke patients must have 8 hours of initial stroke specific education, and then 1 hour annually.
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) Years in Nursing, One (1) Year Supervisor.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona. Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) training course C. Unit specific certification if required by specialty area.