Clinical Lab Asst at Shea Per Diem Nights
- Requisition ID
- 03 - Nights
- LAB Microbiology
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certificate of Completion for Laboratory Assisting program from an accredited school with no OR Required
No certification required for individuals with 1-2 years lab experience OR Required
Certificate of Completion of Laboratory Assisting Program OR Required
American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certified Office Laboratory Technician (COLT) OR Required
equivalent certification Required
Responsible for assisting with specified technical procedures in one or more sections of the Clinical Laboratory. Performs a variety of tasks requiring skills in phlebotomy and general office to include customer service, clerical and computer/data entry.
- Retrieves specimens from pneumatic tube system and initiates processing. Prepares samples for analysis by manual or automated methods in accordance with instructions in the section procedure manual and defined standards of performance. Distributes to work areas and loads specimens on designated instruments where applicable. Performs department specific duties to assist tech (i.e. blood bank, micro)
- Prepares specimens to be sent out for reference testing including: completing of requisition, packaging, storage and notification to courier for pickup.
- Performs and documents instrument function verification, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment to ensure proper operation according to section guidelines.
- Answers telephone and follows through with requests. Maintains inventory and stock supplies. Reviews all laboratory/hospital system policies, procedures and communications. Assists in training new staff and students.
- Performs phlebotomy as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.