Clinical Pharmacist Spec Amb Care Clinic Days
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- RX Pharmacy Med Mgmt
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10200 N. 92nd St
- Work Hours
- days, varied
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Pharm.D. Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a minimum of Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent experience. Required
Ambulatory Oncology - Must be completed prior to hire
Completion of a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency (ASHP accredited) and PGY2 Oncology pharmacy residency (ASHP accredited) OR Completion of a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency (ASHP accredited) plus three (3) years of clinical pharmacy experience in the oncology setting OR Five (5) years of clinical pharmacy experience in the oncology setting.
Ambulatory Care - Must be completed prior to hire
Completion of a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency (ASHP accredited) and PGY2 Ambulatory Care pharmacy residency (ASHP accredited) OR Completion of a PGY1 pharmacy practice residency (ASHP accredited) plus three (3) years of clinical pharmacy experience in the ambulatory care setting OR Five (5) years of clinical pharmacy experience in the ambulatory care setting.
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Pharmacist (RPh) Licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Arizona. Required
Within 1 year of hire, must have certification in one of the following:
-Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP)
-Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
-Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacist (BCACP)
-Board Certified Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) or Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
-Certified Anticoagulation Care Provider (CACP)
The Ambulatory Oncology Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will be involved in direct patient care at the HonorHealth Infusion Clinics. The position will provide chemotherapy education to oncology patients and will assist in the monitoring and treatment of chemotherapy/immunotherapy related toxicities. The Oncology Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will serve as a resource for providers and will be integral in the development of clinical programs at the infusion clinics. The multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of oncology patients in this setting will allow the Specialist to advance pharmacy practice and optimize care.
The Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist provides high quality, direct patient care through active participation on the healthcare team as a pharmacotherapy expert in the ambulatory care setting. The Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist contributes to the selection of drug therapy, implementation of patient-specific medication regimens, and provision of comprehensive medication education to maximize therapeutic benefit and minimize risks of adverse events. In addition, the Ambulatory Care Clinical Pharmacy Specialist will conduct educational activities, apply principles of performance improvement, advance pharmacy practice, and optimize care.
- Performs disease state management and comprehensive medication review for patients in the Ambulatory setting.
Critically evaluates disease state and adjusts medication therapy to optimize medication regimens and improve clinical outcomes.
Ensures utilization of appropriate and cost-effective medication therapy.
Areas of focus may include, but are not limited to, disease state management, medication management, and adverse drug event prevention and management.
Consults with medical providers regarding optimal drug therapy management to improve clinical outcomes and promote patient safety related to medications.
Completes thorough patient assessments and applies principles of evidence-based medicine to establish patient-specific therapeutic drug regimens.
Provides essential medication education to patients to promote engagement in self-management activities, medication adherence, and safety.
Conducts patient-centered clinical pharmacy functions and appropriately documents all patient care activities in the electronic medical record.
Demonstrates accurate and thorough documentation skills. Facilitates pharmacist-to-provider communication of clinical interventions and recommendations.
Adheres to clinical practices approved by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee (e.g. collaborative practice agreements, clinical pharmacy protocols).
- Contributes to the total body of knowledge of pharmacy through publication and/or educational presentations. Provides presentations, in-services, or lectures annually (community, nursing, physician, pharmacy, local or national meetings), and educational information to physicians, nursing staff, and other allied health care professionals.
- Acts as a network resource and drug information expert in the specialty area of practice. Provides detailed drug information and education to the health care team, pharmacy, patients, and community. Actively participates in department and network-based committees and effectively communicates with stakeholders.
- Develops, contributes, and applies evidence-based medication guidelines and/or protocols, medication use evaluations, and disease-based evaluations. Collects and analyzes medication-use data per predefined criteria and formulates appropriate recommendations for implementation.
- Precepts PGY1 and PGY2-Pharmacy residents and pharmacy students. Meets preceptor criteria established by American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). Contributes to staff development by assisting with training of new team members, including teaching and exemplifying clinical and operational skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.