CODER II FT INPATIENT HOSPITAL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- HIM Coding
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Coding complex accounts which may include: Trauma I, newborn, OB, extended LOS, extensive surgical and/or medical accounts. Required
Codes complex accounts. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Assigns and sequences ICD-9/ICD-10/CPT/HCPCs codes through review of Inpatient or Outpatient clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance. Codes complex accounts which requires advanced expertise in coding subject matters.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-9/ICD-10/CPT/HCPCs diagnostic and procedural codes for inpatient or multiple outpatient accounts such as (same day surgery, endoscopy, ED/Trauma, breast health, or other more complex patient type) within HonorHealth. Reviews physician documentation & coding for appropriateness & accuracy and makes corrections following Medicare & AMA coding guidelines. Utilizes electronic medical record and computer-assisted coding (CAC) software. Assigns DRGs as applicable. Codes complex accounts. Utilizes advanced coding knowledge for specific coding subject matters. Addresses NCCI, OCE, LCD, and other applicable coding edits.
- Complies with system-wide coding practices to meet corporate compliance guidelines and to ensure appropriate and effective reimbursement with Patient Financial Services, medical staff and various departments. Reviews and analyzes medical records for accurate ICD and CPT code selection.
- Maintains weekly communication with providers to ensure timely notification of identified trends that might impact revenue or compliance. Educates assigned providers on appropriate coding and documentation and provide supporting documentation to enhance awareness and corrections needed for accurate coding
- Assists Patient Financial Services with interpretation and selection of appropriate ICD/CPT codes and /or other information requested for accurate billing and reimbursement. Possesses knowledge and understanding of failed bill parameters
- Performs outpatient charge validation/ reconciliation to ensure all submitted charges are posted timely and balance with total submitted charges. Assigns charges as applicable.
- Resolves routine coding issues/problems and appropriately seeks assistance from Coding Supervisor.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.