Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator - Cancer Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- VGPiper Cancer CN-Admin
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 10460 E. 92ND ST
- Work Hours
- day shift
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Doctorate Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a minimum of Doctor of Pharmacy degree or equivalent experience. Required
5 years clinical hospital pharmacy experience
3 years hospital pharmacy OR 1 year hospital pharmacy plus 1 year hospital pharmacy residency
Licenses and Certifications
Pharmacy\RPH - Registered Pharmacist Required
Board Certification in Pharmacotherapy Services Required
Responsible for managing clinical pharmacy services and ensuring that the pharmacy provides optimal clinical services on a daily basis. Facilitates the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective medication therapies. Provides research and documentation for pharmacy initiatives and initiates, implements and monitors pharmacy programs. Identifies, resolves, and prevents drug-related problems.
- Directs development, implementation, and maintenance of clinical pharmacy services. Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees. Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation, and communication of cost-effective medication-use issues in collaboration with the medical staff.
Reviews the performance and documentation of clinical activities of all pharmacists including documentation of the financial impact of clinical activities. Coordinates the selection and safe use of alternative medications in response to medication shortages and non-formulary requests. Coordinates policies and procedures for clinical activities (e.g., therapeutic interchange). Assists Clinical Pharmacy Specialists in assessing and identifying the education needs of pharmacy employees.
- Supports the pharmacy’s pharmacoeconomic efforts. Reviews the use of targeted medications for compliance with current pharmacoeconomic programs. Prepares reports on pharmaceutical care and pharmacoeconomic activities including financial impact, as directed. Works with the Pharmacy Director(s) to plan, develop, and oversee implementation of Pharmacy Clinical Services and makes recommendations for improving pharmacy services and procedures when needed.
- Supervises activities of the Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, Pharmacy Residents, and Pharmacy Students. Works in cooperation with Pharmacy Supervisors, Pharmacy Managers and Pharmacy Directors to oversee activities of pharmacy staff to promote efficient daily workflow and coordinate scheduling. Participates in the hiring process, orientation, continual monitoring, communication, follow up, discipline, and evaluation for Clinical Pharmacy Specialists, residents and students. Works in cooperation with the pharmacy management team to serve as a resource for the system to ensure continuity of services. Communicates problems, unique patient needs and other necessary information to pharmacy management team as needed.
- Where applicable, coordinates the pharmacy residency program and serves as the Residency Program Director. Serves as a pharmacy resident preceptor and meets requirements of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists. Serves as a preceptor for pharmacy students and meets the requirements of the college(s) of pharmacy.
- Coordinates the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, and sub-committees including follow up and newsletters. Participates in administrative and unit based interdisciplinary committee meetings. Represents Pharmacy department in various hospital committees and teams.
- Assists in the coordination of the departmental performance improvement and quality assurance activities including drug utilization evaluation, medication error review, adverse drug reaction review and pharmacy intervention reporting. Coordinates follow up on implementation of target programs and pharmacoeconomic evaluations.
Supports compliance initiatives for state and regulatory agencies.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.