CSPD-STERIL PROC TECH II -EVENINGS PDs JOHN C LINCOLN
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- OR Outpatient Surgery
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- Evening hours vary
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years of sterile processing experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Other Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) or equivalent Required
Position assists with the following, which may include, but is not limited to: Instrument decontamination; Tray assembly; Case cart assembly; Sterilization; Participates in department and team accountabilities. Education/Preceptor to staff. Performs all job accountabilities of a Sterilization Technician.
- Assists with Decontamination:
• Assist in using automated decontamination machinery to clean and decontaminate basic instrumentation and medical equipment.
• Decontaminates patient care equipment.
- Tray Assembly:
• Assists in the packing of instrumentation.
• As instructed, prepares instruments for sterilization by assembling, wrapping and pouching instrument sets.
- Case cart assembly / Sterile Storage:
• Breaks down shipping and delivery boxes outside of department and properly disposes of appropriately.
• Unloads sterile instruments from sterilization carts.
• Picks case cart deficiencies on daily case cart needs list.
• Sterilizes instruments following prescribed procedures and guidelines.
• Challenges the sterilization process using internal, external, and biological monitoring systems.
• Monitors, reads, documents, verify, and interpret parameters for all types of sterilization processes to ensure proper function and validation process.
• Maintains appropriate load configurations; maintains flow of instruments through the sterilization process.
• Prioritizes instrumentation needs using instrument needs list in conjunction with the OR schedule.
- Department and Team Accountabilities:
• Answers department phone.
• Maintains system and departmental competencies by attending departmental meetings, in-services, completes annual health education in a timely fashion.
• Maintains hospital and departmental competencies by routinely reviewing department procedures, guidelines and operating polices.
• Cleans and organizes work area at the end of shift.
- Education / Preceptor of Staff:
• Educates staff on decontamination, sterilization, case cart assembly and sterile storage organization.
• Precepts new staff and perform in-services as needed.
• Maintains instrument documentation including photo catalogues, instrument cleaning and processing guidelines and other reference sources as needed.
• Maintains sterile supply locator lists and labeling of sterile shelving.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.