CSPD Sterile Processing Tech II (Evening Shift )
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- OR Central Sterile
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
- M-F 12P-2030; ROTATING WEEKENDS; HOLIDAY COVERAGE
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years of sterile processing experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Other Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) or Certified Sterile Process/Dist Tech (CSPDT) or equivalent Required
Responsible for instrument/instrument trays/equipment decontamination, preparation and sterilization, tray and case cart assembly, documentation of all sterilization processes, and delivery of a wide variety of surgical instrumentation and patient care equipment to the Perioperative team. CSPD personnel ensure the highest quality standards are met in accordance with departmental procedures and established industry standards. Assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission and critical goals of the organization into their job performance. May serve as preceptor to staff.
- Decontamination of instrumentation and medical equipment: Utilizes chemical agents and automated decontamination machinery to clean and decontaminate instrumentation and medical equipment.
- Assembles, Preps and Packs Instrumentation: Assembles, preps and packs instrumentation, Inspects instruments for cleanliness, proper function, breakage, and intact ID tape, Assembles trays using instrument tray lists, Locates and replaces missing instruments; identifies and labels missing instruments, Contains, wraps or pouches instruments and sets, Chooses appropriate wrapping materials for size, weight, and sterilization method.
- Sterilization: Sterilizes instruments following prescribed procedures and guidelines. Challenges the sterilization process using internal, external, and biological monitoring systems, Monitors, reads, documents, and interprets parameters for all types of sterilization processes to ensure proper function and validation of process, Maintains appropriate load configurations; maintains flow of instruments through the sterilization process, Prioritizes instrumentation needs using instrument needs list.
- Case Cart Assembly and Sterile Storage: Picks case carts according to resource map requisitions, documents case cart deficiencies on daily case cart needs list, Fills case cart needs list prior to case cart utilization, Orders sterile supplies from logistics as needed to maintain inventory. Picks cases, stocks the sterile storage area, and returns sterile supplies to inventory, Collaborates with perioperative sterile core personnel to determine priorities and maintain flow within sterile storage area.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.