CT TECH PRN DEER VALLEY
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- RAD CT
- Deer Valley Med Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 19829 N 27TH AVE
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
6 months clinical CT or one (1) year general radiology experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Current and valid American Registry Of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and Completion of an ARRT accredited Radiology General Procedures program or US military Radiology General Procedures training program Required
Current and valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) Required
Current and valid CRT & CTCT license or temporary CTCT license Required
Current and valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Required
Under the direction of a radiologist, this CAT Scan Technologist performs diagnostic/therapeutic procedures, requiring independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative. Assumes responsibility for tasks or procedures as assigned. Performs data entry operations using appropriate hospital software package. Staff member may be required to provide coverage at various locations in the network.
- Reviews patient identification, orders, and history to ensure correct patient, procedure, imaging site, Protocols procedure with radiologist as needed. Transports patients to and from the exam room and assists them into position using safe patient handling techniques and equipment. Performs CT procedures and observes patient during procedure to ensure patient's safety and comfort. Administers contrast materials as required. Able to initiate emergency response to contrast reaction as needed. Obtains and evaluates images for technical quality assurance factors including image laterality marking and annotation as required by CT procedure protocols. Utilizes RIS, PACS and other, ancillary image management systems as needed.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates daily workflow for the department’s activities
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating order. Performs and documents all required quality control testing. Contacts service for repair and maintenance as directed.
- Rotates throughout the department as staffing and volume dictates.
- Participates in orientation, training, and in-servicing of staff, as needed.
- Maintains an orderly, clean and safe environment of patients and staff in assigned area. Maintains stock and inventory as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.