Cytotechnologist at Shea Medical Center Full Time Days
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- LAB Cytology
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- 7:30am-4pm Monday - Friday Occasional Saturday as needed
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Licenses and Certifications
ASCP certified Cytotechnologist Required
Under general supervision, performs microscopic evaluation of slides to determine normal and abnormal cellular changes including but not limited to malignant neoplasms, precancerous lesions, infectious agents and inflammatory processes. Performs a variety of cytological specimen preparations including liquid based preparation.
- Performs microscopic evaluation of cellular material to detect cancer and other pathological conditions.
- Classify all examined slides and prepare a preliminary diagnosis of each, entered into LIS sytem.
- Perform cytologic procedures in accordance with instructions in the section procedure manual and in the defined standards of performance. Adhere to all lab safety protocols to avoid contamination of specimens and minimize the risk of workplace incidents.
- Performs Quality Control and Quality Assurance tests as required, participates in proficiency testing , maintains all necessary documentation and logs.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.