- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Cred/Med Staff Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science Required
Minimum 4-6 yrs. experience in database management and design
Extensive knowledge of Crystal, SQL and Business Objects
Extensive knowledge of working in database tables
Minimum 2-4 yrs. experience planning and executing major system projects
The Medical Staff Database Analyst is responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of department database(s). The position includes the development and design of the database to support the credentialing, privileging, and provider enrollment activities within the department. The database analyst will continually improve the database performance and capacity in order to improve department processes and plan for future expansions as required. Administers, maintains, and implements the policies and procedures needed to ensure the security and integrity of the database. Serves as the Project Manager for any project necessary to maintain and expand the credentialing database and any new databases/applications obtained to support the functions and activities of the department.
- Manages department database(s) and optimizes functionality necessary to support department teams and their processes and activities. Creates and maintains all team measurement systems, reports, and support documents.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure.
- Designs, maintains, upgrades, administers, and supports department database(s). Monitoring and optimizing database performance, security, backup, recovery, and integrity of database management systems.
- Responsible for data integrity and establishing standardized use of data elements for all end-users. Standardizes data entry process and monitors compliance.
- Creates and maintains department policies and procedures for databases/applications. Ensures the easy retrieval of the policies and procedures by department and all system end-users.
- Creates and manages the data and system procedures necessary for practitioners to apply and reapply for privileges at all hospitals using one date and one application. (Reappointment Synchronization)
- Manages the practitioners’ expirables process and ensures that updates are comprehensive and accurate. Ensures that department standards and processes are followed for the timely scanning of documents into the database(s). Responsible for communicating monthly results to operating units.
- Manages all ongoing credentialing monitoring activities and fulfills all reporting responsibilities required for maintaining strong health plan relationships and successful credentialing delegation agreements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.