Dental Assistant - NOAH Clinic - Desert Mission
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9201 N 5TH ST
- Work Hours
- 8-5 M-F, hours may vary
HonorHealth is looking for a Dental Assistant to work at our Desert Mission location at N. 5th Street & E. Dunlap Avenue. This is one of the NOAH clinics (Neighborhood Outreach Access to Health) that is a Family Medicine Center that provides services to all types of patients that age from pediatric to geriatric. There are various types of employees within the clinic including RNs, physician assistants, front office, dental assistants and physicians. The ideal candidate should present a positive attitude, be flexible, punctual, team-centric and experience is preferred but not required and X-ray certified. The hours for this position is Monday - Friday from 8a to 5p but could vary based on need.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Licenses and Certifications
have a current Fingerprint Clearance card or within seven working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card. Required
Other X-ray certified. Current BLS certification. Current Fingerprint Clearance Card from Arizona Department of Health Services. Required
The DENTAL ASSISTANT performs routine office duties in connection with th e examination and treatment of patients. This would include: preparation/maintenance of patient charts (electronic and hardcopy), maintenance/sterilization of dental instruments and equipment, scheduling and referral coordination, and maintaining inventory of supplies.
- Prepares treatment area for patient care. Escorts the patient to the treatment area. Preps the patient for examination and treatment, assists the Dentist and Dental Hygienist as directed with patient care. Assists dentist with all general dentistry procedures (diagnostic, restorative, oral surgery, periodontal, pediatric, and prosthodontic) and dental hygienist with hygiene services as directed.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, electron record maintenance, processing referrals and scheduling.
- Maintains inventory and orders appropriate dental equipment and supplies.
- Performs development and mounting of dental x-rays.
- Provides oral health education to families in both English and Spanish.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.