DIABETIC EDUCATOR JOHN C LINCOLN HOSPITAL
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Network Resource Pool
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 5225 N. SCOTTSDALE RD
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree from a NLN/CCNE accredited school of nursing Required
5 years professional nursing experience. Required
5 years nursing experience including patient education and/or staff development skills. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure OR possesses a temporary license from the Arizona State Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse; permanent license from the Arizona State Board of Nursing required within four (4) months of employment.
Upon Hire Required
Oversees inpatient diabetes services throughout the hospital. Participates in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care on a daily basis. Responsible for educating nursing, physician and ancillary staff, assuring that orders are developed and followed. Performs metabolic management daily for patients with hyperglycemia.
Incumbent is a professional nurse.
- Participates in order development and review to evaluate their effect on hyperglycemia.
- Review daily lab reports for patients requiring metabolic management for hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. Makes recommendations to physicians regarding medical management and medication adjustment.
- Designs, implements and manages a system for organizing, planning and controlling work flow related to clinical activities.
- Responsible for orientation and skills lab training for diabetes management and education.
- Provides direct patient education and coordination of care in planning for discharge and transition to outpatient services.
- Evaluates and develops patient educational materials and gives patient and/or family members instructions on diabetes self management education.
- Trains, oversees and provides current patient information to nurses and other health care personnel in order to assure comprehensive patient care.
- Participates in achieving length of stay goals for diabetes population by reviewing unit glycemia results.
- Participates in diabetes research trials.
- Assists in the yearly diabetes conference for inpatient nursing.
- Maintains cooperative, collaborative relationship with surgery, periop services, lab, pharmacy, nutrition services, intensivists, hospitalists and other physician groups to ensure optimal care of patients with diabetes.
- Orients, trains and mentors new staff.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.