- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Environmental Srvcs
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
- 8-5 M-F
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in related field Required
5 years Environmental Service Manager Required
Other Environmental Services Management or comparable. Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Required
Manages Environmental Services programs, systems, training, technology, and services, including light maintenance and multi-skilled service support teams and all assigned Medical Center buildings, outpatient space, outbuilding janitorial services for Realty Company and Health Services buildings and leased spaces. Also manages, directs and leads other departments as assigned ensure proper systems, training, technology and customer service programs are in place and administered per program needs.
Inspects, plans, evaluates and ensures optimal physical conditions of the Medical centers assigned to the manager. Maintains highest possible standards for cleanliness, operational efficiency, attractive conditions and cleanliness. Coordinates movement of equipment, office furnishings and the organization's assets between facilities and departments. Maintains highest level of customer relations, communication and service commitment.
Demonstrates active, personal, daily involvement, visibility and professionalism to facility staff, internal and external customers. Promotes the philosophy, programs and initiatives of the organization and Consolidated Service. Provides leadership through personal example and relationship building by maintaining and exhibiting enthusiasm for the work of the department, modeling servant leadership and by promoting continuous learning. Possesses teaching skills to include learning assessments, preparing lesson plans, learning calendar, and all aspects of safety and environmental awareness for staff education.
- Provides leadership to staff assigned to the section. Interviews, selects, hires and disciplines staff. Mediates, negotiates and resolves conflicts among employees. Knowledgeable on HR concepts, policies, practices and procedures. Coaches by developing and presenting techniques to better communicate, collaborate. Evaluates employees performance, recognizes their achievements through reward programs. Utilize The Advisory Board employee satisfaction tool to measure and understand employee needs, drivers, satisfiers and areas for focus. Demonstrates skills to include, collaboration, influence, perseverance, compassion with strong ethics and moral character.
- Prepares Operational and Capital Budgets in concert with Executive Director, Consolidated Services. Monitors, adjusts, and presents plans as needed or requested to adjust budget performance to meet plan or revised targets as directed by Executive Director.
- Actively monitors condition, customer perception, and presentation of the organization's facilities. Utilizes NRC Picker tool as a metric to set direction and goals for patient satisfaction. Takes actions to ensure all areas are maintained within established standards. Evaluates, plan, schedule and monitor furnishings needs for public and patient space within assign medical center space. Includes capital planning, timing, and prioritization of furnishings needs. Works in collaboration with construction/design on furnishings within refurbishment/new projects.
- Leads, directs, and monitors environmental service processes and programs to achieve goals and objectives of Consolidated Services and cleanliness standards of all Scottsdale Healthcare facilities, including floor care, space care, linen management, infection control protocols.
- Manages solid waste, medical waste management and confidential document destruction programs and processes. Manages excess equipment/asset program to include tracking incoming equipment, stores, reallocates, sell or discard as required.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of serve and assure compliance with regulatory agencies requirements. Knowledgeable on regulatory agencies to include local and state agencies, CDC, EPA, FDA, OHSA, NFPA. Monitors service and staff performance in relation to those standards, policies and procedures. Includes DNV policy updates
- Develops standards of accountability and reporting. Tours are daily. Maintains effective relationships with key customers.
- Collaborates with the Organizational Effectiveness Coordinator to develop staff, strengthen independent work teams and multi-skilled work teams.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.