DIRECTOR - IT SYSTEMS ENGINEER BUILD - NORTH PHOENIX
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- IT Sys Engineering & Arch
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' related experience in Information Technology or Business Administration Required
5 years experience in IT management and supervisory practices Required
2 years director level experience within IT system engineering and infrastructure. Required
The IT Systems Engineering Build Director directs the teams responsible for architecting, designing, planning, building and implementing the IT Infrastructure required for the platforms that will run the applications that meet the business needs. The Director is responsible for developing and implementing an efficient and optimal IT Infrastructure capable of supporting and running organizational applications currently and into the future.
- •Actively participates and provides leadership in the direction of technology strategy, assisting in determining company-wide processes, priorities, goals, and development timelines.
•Responsible for working with IT Technology leadership in setting the technical direction for the team, driving the evolution of the hardware architecture, and making appropriate technology choices.
•Coordinates the engineering teams under their direction to develop technical design, architecture, modeling, best practices, and other technical details of the IT Infrastructure.
•Responsible for leading hardware design, implementation and software integration by managing, retaining, and mentoring engineering and engineering management talent, and by leveraging outside resources as appropriate.
•Directs managers and teams in the use of best practices and methodologies in the IT infrastructure design process.
•Responsible for working effectively with project managers, and the senior management team to develop technical solutions to business opportunities and explain options and trade-offs.
•Leads and manages large and complex technology projects.
•Plans, schedules, and allocates engineering talent across multiple projects.
•Develops accurate task estimates at various levels of granularity.
•Leads problem-solving initiatives in a collaborative manner, seeking buy-in on solutions from technical and non-technical members of the team.
•Identifying business needs, gathering requirements and ensuring solutions developed met the needs as they are identified.
- •Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards.
•Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
•Triages complaints and routes to appropriate person/department.
•Demonstrates critical thinking skills related to investigating and resolving customer concerns.
•Prioritizes and responds promptly to the needs of the customer.
•Recognizes opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- •Provide management and leadership oversight of associates assigned to IT Governance projects to ensure achievement of established project milestones
- Oversee the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies and maintain good financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.