Director of Facilities
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- FACILITIES MGMT JCL
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree or a Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM-American Hospital Association) Required
8 years experience in Facilities Management leadership Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Valid driver's license Required
This position has the responsibility and oversight of all assigned Medical Center plant operations, maintenance, and refurbishment projects. Medical Center includes main hospital, outpatient surgery, and other property and structures as assigned. This position manages a diverse group of support service areas, which requires integration and coordination of activities with the Healthcare Technology Management, construction, environmental services, security operations, and other system processes ensuring effective communication and accountability with leadership, Medical Center administration, and customers.
Serves as customer liaison for internal/external issues related to departmental operations and serves as a member of the Life Safety Subcommittee, Utilities Subcommittee, and other committees as requested. This position is responsible for staffing and operation on a 24/7 basis.
Encourages teamwork within Supply Chain Support Services and promotes a culture of service excellence.
- Maintains corrective and preventive maintenance programs for all buildings, grounds, equipment, and systems to maintain good working order extend life and minimize unexpected failures. Utilizes CMMS for scheduling maintenance and tracking equipment, ensures accurate and complete inventory of equipment and all work requests are completed in a timely manner. Ensures activities are completed in a professional manner in accordance with system standards, manufacturer recommendations and local, state and national codes and other outside regulatory agencies to include OSHA and DNV. Coordinates and implements long and short-range goals for care and maintenance of buildings, grounds, parking areas and structures ensuring high quality, reliable and efficient operations.
- Prepares, executes and monitors multiple departmental operating and capital budgets. Evaluates expense variance against budget and takes corrective action which includes timeline of completion to achieve budget expectations. Continually seeks ways to improve quality, increase utilization and decrease cost of services through process improvement tools and activities. Develops and recommends policies, procedures and programs to ensure the effective operation of Supply Chain Shared Services-Support Services. Coordinates the selection of major hospital goods and services with appropriate purchasing and technical support. Interfaces with contractors and outside vendors to obtain bids for services and coordinates with Supply Chain Shared Services for bid selection.
- Coordinates all repairs, replacement, and renovation of infrastructure projects. Is part of all on campus construction projects. Participates in the capital planning process with the Pre-Executive Capital Committee, identifying short and long-range needs of the facility. Develop project scope of work, cost estimates, specifications, timelines, project logistics and work accomplishment by either in-house work force or outside contractor. Coordinates with internal hospital departments such as Safety and Security, Infection Control, and Compliance Officer to ensure that all work is compliant with all applicable healthcare codes and regulations. Coordinates with outside agencies such as OSHA, DHS, City, County, and Federal Governments to ensure that all work accomplished is in compliant with all applicable building or healthcare codes and regulations. Ensures all projects are coordinated with Healthcare Technology Management, environmental services, and security departments. Oversees quality assurance inspections, project logs, inspections budgets, approves all requests for utility shut downs ensuring highest level of safety and customer service.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff. Interviews, selects, hire, and disciplines staff. Advises, develops programs, orients/trains, and provides direction to work teams. Identifies cross training opportunities to maximize operational efficiencies. Mediates, negotiates, and resolves conflicts among employees. Coaches them by developing and presenting in-services on techniques to better communicate, collaborate, coordinate/organize workload activities, and instill cooperation among team workers. Develops standards of accountability, evaluates employees’ performance, recognizes their achievements through reward programs, and counsels as necessary.
- Utilizes available survey tools to assess, evaluate, and improve the delivery of service and satisfaction of customer and staff. Promotes and provides opportunities for the professional and personal development of staff. Takes advantage of training and educational opportunities for skill development and personal growth. Ensures all employees are trained, tested, certified and otherwise in compliance with all departmental, Medical Center, and regulatory standards.
- Establishes departmental performance goals consistent with Honor Health, assigned campus, and Supply Chain Shared Services goals. Develops, implements and tracks department performance indicators and maintains department balanced scorecards. Implements strategies to determine long range plans for delivery programs, facilities, equipment, and staff. Offers continuous assessment, improvement, and maintenance of the quality of service. Achieves balanced scorecard and customer service goals.
- Assures that buildings and grounds are in compliance with local, state, federal, and DNV requirements on functional safety and sanitation as well as building and grounds safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.