Director of Unified Communications
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- IT Sys Ops
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree Information Technology or Business Administration or related field. Required
5 years experience in IT management and supervisory practices or director level experience within systems operations, such as, data center operations, automation tooling, network, etc. Required
The IT System Engineering Delivery Director directs a team responsible for managing, implementing and optimizing the IT operations through the implementation of industry best practices. Directs data center operations, telecommunications, network operations, automation tooling, database and hardware planning activities.
- Communicates effectively with key stakeholders regarding the delivery of excellent service oriented support.
Maintains and oversees data center operations and the generation of standard operations policies procedures and work instructions (SOP's), auditing requirements and Disaster Recovery plans.
Ensures standard processes are followed (e.g. problem management, incident management, change management and configuration management) and other operations policies.
Oversees all IT data center operations and facilities.
Analyzes plans and manages staff, facilities and budget.
Reviews and approves purchase requisitions related to hardware/software as appropriate.
Monitors team workflow and workload and directly assigns operations tasks accordingly to ensure service level targets are met or escalated.
Meets regularly with Executives and Directors to provide status updates for support operations and coordinate upcoming efforts that may require resources from other areas.
Implements new procedures and strategies to increase efficiency within the group.
Works with the Systems Engineering teams to ensure solutions are economically supportable and supports the business needs of the Company.
Acts as an advisor to others to ensure production quality solutions, work schedules are met and technical and operations problems are resolved.
Maintains a climate of continuous improvement by proactively identifying opportunities for service improvement and internal efficiencies.
Shares management team workload to accomplish team objectives and provide backup as needed.
Actively participates in management team discussion; provide vision and feedback; contribute to the development of a world class IT Operations capability.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations. Triages complaints and routes to appropriate person/department. Demonstrates critical thinking skills related to investigating and resolving customer concerns. Prioritizes and responds promptly to needs of the customer. Recognizes opportunities for service recovery and acts to resolve issues.
- Provide management and leadership oversight of managers, engineers and technicians assigned to IT projects to ensure achievement of established project milestones. Mentor and/or lead managers, engineers and technicians in the mastery of project management principles and tools. Ensure adherence to established PMO project methodologies.
- Oversee the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.