Director - Pharmacy Network Business
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Hospital Admin
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree BS (Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent) Required
Master's Degree MBA/MHA or equivalent Required
6 years of experience in healthcare with a pharmacy focus Required
The Pharmacy Network Business Director is responsible for setting direction and coordinating the business and finance activities of the Department of Pharmacy. Drawing on a broad understanding of Health System practices and policies, and displaying a high degree of initiative and independent judgment, the incumbent will collaborate closely with departmental and organizational leadership to continually assess and direct a wide range of issues, including operational, personnel, budgetary, analytics, facilities and systems issues, programmatic development, long-range planning and project development. The Pharmacy Network Business Director will work with clinical and non-clinical staff members to optimize operational and cost efficiencies wherever possible through a fostered relationship between pharmacy and supply chain. Possesses a thorough knowledge of the regulatory environment as it relates to health care reimbursement and compliance, finance, and contract management.
- Analyzes, monitors and reports on financial performance both internal to the department and within the organization. Manages pharmacy cost centers; staying on target with budgetary goals. Prepares monthly audits and summaries of budget variances. Oversees the finance management policies and procedures. Work with other hospital departments (ie anesthesia), and interdepartmental ambulatory clinics on annual budgeting. Responsible for leading department planning, submission, and implementation of capital request process. Provides support for business plans financial modeling projects. Works with departmental staff and the Planning Office in support of our ongoing space needs and construction projects. Responsible for leading annual operating and pharmaceutical budgets across the pharmacy enterprise Forecasts drug expense for purposes of revenue and expense budget planning. Will be accountable and responsible for the identification and execution of savings (value) goal collaboratively within SCG. Will be accountable for pharmacy data Analytics. Works with analysts on both operational, financial, and drug utilization analytics data dashboards that support the pharmacy leadership team, department, and organization. Will be accountable and responsible for the profit/loss of pharmacy services. Will be accountable to analyze, monitor and reports on financial performance both internal to the department and within the organization. Serves as liaison for pharmacy, supply chain, contracting, business development, and finance. Manages pharmacy cost centers; staying on target with budgetary goals prepares monthly audits and summaries of budget variances and supports the finance management policies and procedures. Will be accountable to partner with pharmacy leadership to assist in leading department planning, submission, and implementation of capitol request process. Support System Purchasing Director on audits, charges, revenue, and accounting.
- Participate in department’s strategic plan development and execution of assigned goals. Identify and develop business cases for pharmacy services based upon anticipated future needs, practice advancement, and organizational priorities for inclusion in the department strategic plan. Work independently and guide others in the design, development and implementation of innovative solutions, or design and implement improvements to existing pharmacy processes. Develop and implement initiatives to increase efficiency of the pharmacy supply chain workforce. Lead space planning, remodeling and moves for assigned areas and staff in collaboration with Facilities. Mentor and develop residents and pharmacists in planning/project management as members of the project team via direction, supporting, coaching, and delegating as appropriate. Participate and/or lead, as pharmacy representative, organization quality improvement initiatives/projects. Maintain an expertise in the selection and use quality improvement methodologies/tools to maximize project outcomes. Provide leadership and oversight to resident major projects. Develop and maintain an expertise in change management tools and theories. Lead development of resources to assist pharmacists with strategies to advance innovative research, education and project ideas.
- Works with analysts on both operational, financial, and drug utilization analytics data and dashboards that support the pharmacy leadership team, department, and organization. Reports out regularly to both internal and external customers. Negotiates contracts as needed either independently or with the pharmacy division leader. Works with the Supply Chain Contracts, Office of General Counsel, Finance, and outside agencies to ensure that contracts are appropriate. Oversees pharmaceutical drug manufacture rebate assessment and processing. Leads on special projects for the VP Pharmacy develops creative, effective and innovative processes to ensure timely and effectice roll-out and/or optimization of pharmacy projects and initiatives. Collaborates with all aspects of pharmacy care delivery in line with strategic and quality initiatives, service line priorities, policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements. Designs, implements, and manages necessary workflows; drives agenda to meet internal and external communication.
- Executes projects through industry leading program management standards, and by following appropriate policies and procedures as set forth by the EPMO. Manages project scope and documentation for projects. Prepares reports detailing performance, data analysis, and overall departmental progress on initiatives. Escalates and resolves project issues. Acts as liaison with other areas of the institution in promoting Pharmacy. Maintains and promotes professional relationships with all stakeholders. Coordinates the planning, design and execution of initiatives and projects identified though the Pharmacy Service line. Coordinate collaboration between a variety of stakeholders to see projects to successful implementation network wide. Monitor, maintain, update, and pursue communication platforms and tools representing all areas of Pharmacy services in regards to newsletters,project updates, SharePoint, brochures etc. Responsible for effective communication around all projects to a variety of stakeholders (including physicians and Executive leaders).
- Oversee the staff and ensure adequate staffing levels, inclusive of hiring/onboarding, evaluating, managing performance, coaching and developing employees ensuring employee productivity, quality of work, and alignment of goals with our mission, vision, and values. Ensure compliance with all policies, financial stewardship by being accountable for the financial integrity around development and maintenance of department budget.
- Develops and/or facilitates development of resource guides, educational material, presentation. Manages new project launches/system rollout. Analyzes and evaluates existing operations, business process and implements the necessary strategies, formal business practices, and technology to improve operational efficiency, productivity, and bottom-line results. Responsible for project management support, event planning, project management tools, tracking tools, online meeting tools, technology equipment, reporting tools, service now, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.