- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- OR Central Sterile
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree in Education, Communication or Healthcare related field Required
3 years experience in Sterile Processing Department Leadership Role Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician Required
Non Clinical\CHL - Cert Healthcare Leadershi obtain (CHL) certification in Healthcare Leadership within 1 month of hire Required
The Central Sterile Processing Department (CSPD) Educator functions within the Perioperative Services team across all entities of HonorHealth, providing CSPD staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, and leader. CSPD educator supports the development of all central Sterile Processing Department staff members, and fosters standardization in sterilization practices across the network while empowering staff through knowledge and in accordance to guidelines set forth by IAHCSMM, AORN, AAMI, APIC, OSHA and state and federal regulatory guidelines. CSPD educator facilitates the educational, orientation and onboarding process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of orientation tools, competency assessments and continuing education to support and promote certification. Will be instrumental in creating a collaborative and inclusive culture across all CSPD departments and within all perioperative departments to meet the sterilization needs of the network and the operational needs Perioperative Services. The CSPD educator advocates for evidence-based practice in CSPD departments across the network. Travel between facilities is required. CSPD educator serves as subject matter expert for all matters CSPD related.
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum development including writing program outcomes, objectives, and competency statements and selects appropriate learning modality. Facilitates the adult learning process creating a climate which supports learning across the health system. Identifies and recruits, as appropriate, internal and external resources (nurse clinicians, vendors, physicians and other subject matter experts) for educational activities. Supports the integration of AAMI and regulatory guidelines specific to Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of tools and develops education, orientation and onboarding plans. Consults with CSPD Leaders regarding individual learning needs, and develops population based education for development of CSPD personnel. Develops/conducts monthly (at a minimum) staff In-services to promote standardization.
- Ensures educational programs are congruent with IAHCSMM, AORN, AAMI, APIC, OSHA and state and federal guidelines, network missions, values and goals. Responds to changes in sterilization practice and develops programs to support those changes.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice into all training and educational programs as well as in the development of policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to Central Sterile Processing Department. Supports an environment that promotes professional growth by development and serving as a resource for CSPD related policies and procedures. Facilitates annual policy review and update. Provides timely and constructive feedback to learners with mechanisms in place to keep CSPD and Perioperative leaders informed of individual’s progress.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.