Educator - Outpatient Clinic - Medical Group
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group Admin
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8125 N HAYDEN RD
- Work Hours
- M-F 8am-5pm
HonorHealth is looking for an Educator for the Medical Group to support Outpatient Clinics. This role will provide staff development by ensuring all medical assistants are up-to-date with the required clinical competencies, assist in their training and any department rollouts and/or changes. It is the goal of this position to promote excellence among staff through evidence-based practices which in turn promotes the best patient experience and optimal patient care in the communities HonorHealth serves. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a patient care setting as a medical assistant or a registered nurse in the State of Arizona upon hire. Prior experience as an Educator is highly preferred but not a requirement. The hours worked are Monday - Friday; 8a to 5p.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Registered Nurse Required
5 years in an patient care setting as a Medical Assistant or RN Required
Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse (RN) State And/Or Compact State Licensure Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona Upon Hire Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Current BLS, PALS and or ACLS and will become certified as an instructor Upon Hire Required
The Clinical Educator functions within Primary and Specialty Ambulatory care settings providing staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, and leader. The Clinical Educator supports the development of the Medical Assistants, and fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidenced based practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education and leadership development. In addition, as a role model of professional behavior, the Clinical Educator is instrumental in creating a professional climate within HonorHealth to meet the global needs of the network. Travel may be required to facilitate collaboration with entities across HonorHealth. Responsible for the daily clinical operations. Responsible for regulatory compliance and maintains a safe work environment which matches appropriate resources to appropriate patient care tasks. Responsible for maintaining patient focused care as measured by patient experience surveys. Responsible for assuring all clinical personnel is working within their scope of practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of curriculum development including writing program outcomes, objectives, and competency statements and selects appropriate learning modality. Facilitates the adult learning process creating a climate which supports learning across the health system. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools and develops education plans according to initial and ongoing competency validations. Consults with leadership regarding individual learning needs, and develops population based education for development of Medical Assistants.
- Ensures educational programs are congruent with network missions, values and goals. Responds to changes in Medical Assistant practice and develops programs to support those changes.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice into all training and educational programs as well as in the development of policies, procedures, and guidelines specific to their service-line.
- Supports an environment that promotes professional growth by serving as a resource for clinical policies, procedures and external agency requirements.
- Manages daily operations effectively within productivity and budgetary allowances by ensuring all care is delivered according to regulatory requirements. Initiates and follows through on actions/tasks such as adhering to program criteria, initiating problem solving assessments, seeking assistant and evaluation outcomes.
- Participate in development and delivery of standardized network clinical education programs (i.e. preceptor program, SuperUser programs, new grad programs, new hire orientation and Medical Assistant Externships, Innovation Centers)
- Integrates ethical principles in all aspects of practice. Serves as a role model by being an active lifelong learner to promote nursing excellence and maintains appropriate educational and/or clinical competencies.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.