EEG Technician Per/Diem South Scottsdale
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Therapy EEG
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7351 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
- Varies for day coverage, one week/month for night/w-e call
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Other Completion of 11-month EEG training program OR 6 months on the job training Required
None None except as indicated in Basic Education Required
The EEG TECHNICIAN position performs standard and complex electroencephalographic (EEG) procedures, Electro cerebral Silence (ECS) recordings to determine suspected brain death, Full Battery Evoked Response procedures, Computer Spectral Array of EEG activity, and Electromyography (EMG). The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients being served in the EEG department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development for each age group. The individual must possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age specific group.
- Performs standard and complex EEGs by measuring the patient’s head, utilizing the International 10-20 Placement System, and applies electrodes to appropriate positions. Measures electrode impedance, calibrates and adjusts EEG machine. Obtains recordings, using activating procedures such as hyperventilation, photic stimulation, and sleep. Adapts methods and instrumentation to obtain optimal results based on history, clinical observations and EEG findings.
- Maintains equipment, and inventory of supplies. Reorders as necessary. Detects instrument malfunction, makes minor maintenance adjustments, or reports need for major repairs to Clinical Engineering.
- Records routine clinical computer-averaged electrical responses to visual, auditory, somatosensory, or other stimuli with evoked reponse equipment. Recognizes any EP signal change due to electrical artifact, anesthetic effects, temperature, position or perfusion and determines the significant influences of any surgical events on the signal. Implements alternative methods or adjusts acquisition parameters to obtain optimal recordings.
- Provides appropriate patient care and detailed observations of clinical manifestations during seizures and other patient emergency situations.
- Summarizes the patient’s neurologic status and clinical history from the chart, patient, or other knowledgeable persons. Explains the recording procedures to the patient and any family members present.
- Performs comprehensive analysis of raw and processed EEG using compressed spectral array (CSA).
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.