ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST - DAYS - NOAH PROG ADMIN - SCOTTSDALE
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- NOAH Prog Admin
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 3634 N. DRINKWATER
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year Required
The Eligibility Specialist will be responsible for increasing access to care through application and enrollment assistance for people who may be eligible for Medicaid and new affordable insurance options (Affordable Care Act). The Specialist will be responsible for maintaining expertise in: Eligibility and enrollment rules and procedures; the range of qualified health plan options and insurance affordability programs; the needs of underserved and vulnerable populations; privacy and security standards. The Eligibility Specialist will assist patients in completing applications and qualifying for sliding fee discounts; coordinates and assists with Medicaid application to enroll patients in Medicaid or other appropriate public health programs; enters financial and household information and verifies eligibility; researches and provides patient assistance with questions regarding accounts/statements.
- Performs a variety of responsibilities including but not limited to managing registration and eligibility determination through web based eligibility system for all patients. Knowledge is maintained of principles and practices of eligibility determination for the following programs: Medicaid (AHCCCS), Medicare, Nutrition Assistance (SNAP), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and other public programs.
- Performs eligibility follow-up including Sliding Fee Scale documentation and other required household information.
- Provides optimum customer service through patient eligibility consultation.
- Collaborate and coordinate outreach efforts with community partners to ensure that outreach activities are coordinated with local, regional, and/or statewide outreach and enrollment assistance efforts.
- The Eligibility Specialist will be responsible for completing the mandatory Health Insurance Market Place Training and successfully
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.