Entree Cook - Days-Varied Hours and Days Off at Shea Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Food Srvcs
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
- Mon-Sun 6am-230p
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Less than High School Required
1 year related Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Food Handlers Card Upon Hire Required
The ENTREE COOK is responsible for cooking all cafeteria and catering food and all therapeutic prescribed and regular diets, including preparation of pureed, salt free, mechanical soft, renal, and ADA restricted diets. Included will be hot food items, food preparation, pulling daily stock, preparing soups, sauces, gravies, etc., operating all kitchen equipment, serving on patient tray line, cleaning work areas, equipment and utensils. May assist and direct other Food Service Workers.
- Prepare entrees, vegetables, starches, sauces and soups. Prepares, seasons and cooks food. Measures and mixes ingredients according to standardized recipes and specifications.
- Sets up and services meals in accordance with established schedule and procedures.
- Cooks items using various types of kitchen equipment such as ovens, choppers, mixers, blenders, grills, braisers, turbo chef, range, steamer, food processor, fryer, slicer, infrared broiler and knives.
- Stores and maintains food items at safe temperatures according to department guidelines and health department regulation.
- Conduct food temperature check of all food menu items served to the customer before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Document on the appropriate temperature log form.
- Conduct temperature check of all food storage refrigeration units in your work area (if applicable), before and during the prescribed times of the production and service period. Document on the appropriate temperature cooler/freezer log form.
- Plans and implements cooking process so that foods will be ready at required times.
- Ensures that all foods prepared meet existing standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
- Ensures that all cooking equipment and utensils are inspected and maintained for cleanliness and safe operation.
- Reviews forecast tally for production count. Adjusts production for current census/customer information and supervisor instruction.
- Ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process.
- Plans total production schedule for day incorporating cafeteria, special menu needs and patient tally. Reviews plan with supervisor
- Verifies food and supply items issued from storeroom. Requisitions additional items if required.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.