Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree or 4 years' related experience Required
3 years Work related experience. Required
The Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Specialist will assist and support with safety inspections and risk/hazard analysis to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements across the network. The EHS Specialist will conduct risk assessments, plan, educate, work on committees, and assists in training to supportnetwork-wide safety initiatives to reduce, mitigate, or eliminate hazards.
- Conducts and facilitates extensive safety inspections and risk analysis to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and environmental regulatory requirements (OSHA, NFPA, EPA, AZ State, etc.). Inputs inspection/risk findings into Midas database and conducts follow-up meetings with appropriate Leadership regarding corrective actions.
oWhen required, has the ability to take necessary steps to ensure a safe environment for all employees, patients, and visitors.
oAnalyzes safety inspection and risk analysis findings for trending and training needs.
oInspects construction/facilities engineering worksites and issues safety permits including ALSM, Hot Work, Crane, and Confined Space. Maintains documentation and ensures permit completion and closure.
oAssists with administering and maintaining EH&S compliance programs such as LOTO, Hot Work, Crane Safety, Confined Space, Alternate Life Safety Measures, etc.
oActively participates in the accreditation process in both the ISO Internal Auditor and DNV Audit teams and the development and measurement of key performance indicators.
- Conducts, coordinates, and tracks safety training as required to maintain compliance with regulatory entities (OSHA, NFPA, EPA, AZ State, etc.), accreditation agencies, and network policies and procedures.
oAssists with the development and implementation of proactive safety training programs.
oProvides assistance and guidance on EH&S issues to make recommendations to Leadership.
oPromotes incident prevention for the benefit of employees, patients, and visitors.
oParticipates in the collection, analysis and reporting of EH&S metrics and key performance indicators.
- Participates in and coordinates various assigned committees. May serve as a committee chair as well as a liaison with related governmental bodies, coalitions, and regulating agencies. Works in partnership with Leadership to develop and implement strategies, policies, and services to increase employee safety and reduce organizational risks.
- Assists with the management of the network hazardous material, pharmaceutical, and universal waste disposition programs. Oversees Hazardous Waste Storage ares and ensures regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc. When required, has the ability to evaluate personal protective equipment (PPE) and ensures proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Performs employee assessments regarding ergonomic risk factors and recommends control measures. Provides ergonomic guidance in facilitating the return of injured workers to full employment. Consults with management and staff to provide direction and guidance with ergonomic and safety related issues/concerns. Advises project managers and staff to provide ergonomic insight on facility design and renovation including the selection of furniture and equipment.
- Conducts accident/incident investigations to identify root cause and generate recommendations to reduce, mitigate, or eliminate hazards. Ensures follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained. Promotes accident/incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors. Ensures expedient injury and incident trend and causal analysis and reporting to Leadership, including recommendations to address identified issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.