Histotechnologist at Shea Full Time Days
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- LAB Anatomic Pathology
- Shea Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 9003 E. Shea Blvd
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years in histology Required
Licenses and Certifications
Lab\HT - Histology Tech OR Upon Hire Required
Lab\HTL - Histology Technologist Upon Hire Required
Performs technical procedures in the Histology and Immunohistochemistry section of the Laboratory. Fixes, sections and stains tissue. Performs Immunochemical testing on tissue.
- Sections tissue using a microtome insuring correct thickness, without sectioning artifact, and placing tissue on a glass slide for staining.
- Will be trained to perform immunohistochemical testing on tissue, equipment maintenance, immunohistochemical, and special stains.
- Performs quality control, processes tissue, and embed tissue for orientation and positioning for sectioning. Provides for the H & E staining of tissue and coverslipping.
- Performs and documents instrument function verification, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on all equipment.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.