Home Health Services Coordinator -Per Diem- Days
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Home Health
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7301 E 2ND ST
- Work Hours
- Multiple Schedule Options Available
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year experience in referral, pre-authorization or scheduling Required
Coordinate all intake activities to establish home care for patients. Schedule services as determined by physician orders, contact patient/family, referral source and appropriate staff to coordinate services. Manage the patient schedule to provide for timely and coordinated care for all patients. Triage inbound calls from patients, families, physicians and staff members to appropriate clinical or operational personnel ensuring timely, responsive care in the most cost effective manner.
Interface with multidisciplinary team members to provide optimum care. Utilize exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Receive orders for Home Health services from referral sources. Obtain necessary information to coordinate all services. Coordinate start of service with referral sources and patient. Create and maintain patient & employee schedule(s) to provide timely and coordinated care for all patients. Document coordination in electronic medical record.
- Obtain benefits and eligibility for new patients as well as recertifications utilizing all resources effectively and efficiently.
- Interface with multidisciplinary team members to provide optimum care. Utilize exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to enhance and encourage collaborative staff and community relationships.
- Other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.