Housekeeping Supervisor- Days- 9:30am- 6:00pm-Osborn Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Environmental Srvcs
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
- 9:30am- 6:00pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
3 years in EVS Required
2 years supervisory Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Required
Provides leadership, mentorship, and coaching while supervising a cross functional, and culturally diverse team. Motivates and provides incentives in the effort to ensure a high quality patient, staff, and visitor's hospital experience. Supervises staff to ensure compliance with all departmental and organizational policies. Supervises the staff workflow and completion of tasks in the following areas: Occupied Patient Room cleaning, Discharged Patient Room Cleaning, Nursing and Non-Nursing areas, Work Request Orders, Public and Private Restrooms, Public and Private Lounge Areas, Linen Services, Trash and Hazardous Waste Disposal, Floor Care, and Special Projects. Serves as liaison and first point of contact for all internal and external issues related to Environmental Services operations and services provided to patient, staff, and visitors. In performance of all duties, must promote and support all programs, initiatives, the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of the organization.
- Provides leadership and motivation throughout the shift for staff assigned to specific job duties. Interviews, hires, coaches, mentors, and disciplines staff. Orient, train and complete staff competencies. Completes new hire and annual staff performance evaluations. Provide individual and team directions. Coaches’ team for success through pre-service huddles, in-services, individual rounding, and techniques to better communicate, collaborate, and organize workload activities to support a safe environment for patient, staff, and visitors. Develop a team environment that supports staff empowerment, independence and autonomy. Evaluate staff performance individually and as a team. Recognizing and celebrating individual and team achievements.
- Mediate, negotiate and resolve staff conflicts. Perform daily inspections for patient room cleaning. Conduct patient, nursing, staff, and customer rounding to assist in setting and meeting customer expectations. Verifies and requests staff have the tools to complete their assignments. Daily per shift, tours facility to meet safety, cleanliness, and d?cor standards. Ensure prompt responses to service requests. Ensure staff training and compliance with Red Rules, Health Stream Courses, Infectious Control, OSHA, DNV, Department of Health, and State/Federal regulations.
- Supervises to ensure compliance with linen, trash, and hazardous waste protocols. Understands, trains, and coaches staff in floor care standards. Ensures floor care equipment operation, maintenance, and storage meet department standards. Ensure department security protocols are met daily for supply room, linen room, laundry room, pagers, spectra phones, and equipment rooms.
- Allocate resources; supplies, labor, and services to meet and be in-line with fiscal departmental budgetary guidelines, weekly, monthly, and annually. Budget variances are monitored and corrected.
- Prepares draft budget requests and collaborates in the development and submission of FY Operating and Capital Budgets for the Environmental Services department.
- Documents all accurate staff actions, competencies, inspection reports, rounding reports, in-services, work sheets, and staff schedules, to file within appropriate time frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.