Housekeeping Technician -11:00pm - 7:30am - Osborn Medical Center
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- Environmental Srvcs
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Less than High School Required
Licenses and Certifications
Other For those environmental services tech positions that will be required to drive HonorHealth vehicles, incumbent must have a clean driving record as defined by HonorHealth Network Driver Qualification Policy Q-359 (available upon request) and meet the following:
Must: (1) be at least 21 years of age and (2) provide a current and valid Arizona driver's license and (3) Have a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from the Department of Motor Vehicles obtained and reviewed by Human Resources and (4) Successfully complete the next available, quarterly conducted, in-house training HonorHealth Defensive Driving Course and provide a certificate of completion.
Driver License Required
The Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of heavy cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. They perform cleaning and floor refinishing functions following established protocols to achieve quality standards and facility objectives; operate a variety of floor care equipment and other necessary tools, products and supplies; and gather and dispose of trash and waste materials.
- Places linen on distribution carts. Folds and stages scrub sets for stocking in Scrub Ex machines. Cleans and organizes linen room.
- Fills requisitions for housekeeping supplies, delivers and replenishes nursing unit supply closets. Stages Housekeeper carts with supplies, chemicals and mops. Fills requisitions for housekeeping supplies. Delivers and stocks in designated storage areas.
- Dust mops floors and corridors as assigned
- Inspects cleaning equipment and performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Participates in patient safety rounding. Monitors patient for signs of distress. Alerts Nursing personnel when intervention or clinical monitoring is required
- Maintains hard surface floors by following the correct processes for daily and periodical floor care. Evaluates what process is needed to maintain hard surface floors and maintaining them to organizational standards. Follows correct stripping and refinishing procedures and daily hard surface floor care. Inspects cleaning equipment and performs scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Maintains soft surface floors (carpet) by following the correct processes for daily and periodical carpet care. Evaluates what process is needed to maintain carpets. Is knowledgeable about spotting techniques as demonstrated by maintaining floors to organizational standards.
- Clean assigned patient/non-patient areas and equipment Daily cleaning of assigned patient/non-patient areas and equipment according to a 7-Step or 10-Step cleaning procedure (determined by dept) as demonstrated through inspection and feedback. Standards of 90% on Quality Inspections must be met
- Clean/sanitize/make beds on transfers/discharges. Patient beds from transfers and discharges are to be cleaned as soon as possible as demonstrated by inspection. Standards of 90% on Quality Inspections for discharge/transfer cleaning must be met.
- Transports regular waste, medical waste, and linen to appropriate collection sites from patient rooms. Waste and linen are collected and taken to designated areas for pickup by the waste tech as demonstrated by inspection. Soiled utility rooms and waste carts should be kept clean at all times. PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) must be worn for all staff while performing cleaning responsibilities or transporting waste.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.