Hyperbaric Respiratory Therapist - Osborn Medical Center - Per Diem (Day)
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Osborn Medical Center
- Position Type
- PRN (On-call)
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E OSBORN RD
- Work Hours
- M-F 7:30am-4:00pm
Position is Per Diem. Requires completion of minimum 40-hour training experience in a program approved by the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine (ACHM) or The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Graduate of a 2 year AMA approved Respiratory Care program. Required
6 months experience for Network float position Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\BCLS - Basic Life Support Required
Respiratory\RCP - Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner Required
Respiratory\RRT - Registered Respiratory Therapist Required
Completion of a minimum 40-hour training experience in a program approved by the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine (ACHM) or The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Required
Hyperbaric Respiratory Therapist will be responsible for technical and clinical support to the hyperbaric team. This position sets up, operates and administers all types of respiratory care and hyperbaric oxygen equipment and procedures to be used in the diagnosis and treatment of hyperbaric medicine conditions. Evaluates therapeutic objectives and outcomes and transcribes verbal orders from physicians in the medical record. Performs transcutaneous oxygen measurements, arterial puncture, blood gas analysis, co-oximetry, blood glucose tests and electrocardiograms.
- Sets up, operates and monitors hyperbaric oxygen chambers, transcutaneous oxygen measurement devices and mechanical ventilators as ordered, and according to department policies and procedures. Makes appropriate changes as ordered. Supervises the safety of patients and staff during patient treatment. Maintains detailed documentation on chamber use. Maintains knowledge of preventative and reoccurring maintenance schedules, hyperbaric oxygen safety and fire protection regulatory guidelines and policies governing the equipment's operation.
- Observes and monitors physical signs and symptoms, general behavior, general physical response to hyperbaric oxygen therapy and respiratory care procedures. Terminates patient treatment upon notice of patient discomfort, troubled medical status, or inability to accept treatment. Collaborates with physician regarding therapeutic treatment plans to determine whether initiation, modification, or discontinuation of the treatment regimen is warranted. The therapist describes and instructs procedures to patients and/or families in a clear and professional manner. The therapist reviews, prioritizes and readjusts their daily assignment to perform therapy in an efficient and organized manner and to provide the highest degree of patient care possible.
- Coordinates activities related to Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy. Plans, initiates, documents and manages an established comprehensive treatment care plan, including admissions, scheduling, documentation and discharge planning in collaboration with the patient, their family, and other members of the health care team. Consults with other departments and care centers, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Maintains department, organization and other regulatory agency educational requirements. Participates in continuing education, unit staff meetings, quality improvement, equipment maintenance program activities and supports membership in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.