INFECTION CONTROL NETWORK DIRECTOR - SCOTTSDALE
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Quality Enhancement
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8283 N HAYDEN RD
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare related field Required
Licenses and Certifications
Helps achieve organizational strategies to eliminate infection related healthcare associated harm and thrive in a value based purchasing environment. Provides operational direction and management for the HonorHealth infection prevention and control programs. Develops, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive programs and projects and provides consultation to leadership, medical staff, and external customers to strengthen network performance in infection prevention and control, including the inpatient and outpatient environment. Initiates/leads necessary improvements to ensure high levels of performance and continual compliance with applicable infection prevention and control standards. Responsible for the productivity and effectiveness of the infection prevention and control team. Supports initiatives to maintain regulatory compliance and external agency review. Ensures adherence to CDC/NHSN requirements for HAI submissions and optimal CMS Value-Based Purchasing and HAC Reduction program performance.
- Directs the network infection prevention and control program providing overall direction for program planning, resource allocation, network-wide monitoring and risk- based infection prevention and control activities. Facilitates participation in national CDC NHSN infection database for benchmarking hospital-associated infections (HAI) locally and nationally. Maintains HAI Scorecard metrics for network-wide awareness and improvement activities, and reports to Infection Prevention & Control Committee, BEST Care Committee, and Board Quality Committee. Coordinates activities with the hospital epidemiologist.
- Provides direction and oversees data collection, analysis and presentation methods for planning, implementation and coordination of organizational infection prevention and control programs. Prepares clinical outcome reports and compiles statistics on network infection prevention and control performance for administration and medical staff. Coordinates data submission for national benchmarking systems, including NHSN for CMS extractions. Evaluates current systems for cost and benefits. Keeps current with benchmarking programs and makes recommendations for acquisition. Scans/monitors for emerging CMS Value-Based Purchasing changes related to infection prevention and control to position the organization for optimal compliance ahead of data submission requirements
- Facilitates a network wide approach to infection prevention strategies and improvement efforts and guides facility based implementation collaboratively with Administration, Quality, Safety, Risk Management and Medical Staff personnel. Provides guidance for outbreak situations and emergency preparedness related to infection prevention and control. Develops and implements education programs to provide innovative infection prevention learning experiences for all levels.
- Develops and implements an infection prevention and control program for the Outpatient Treatment/Surgery Centers and Physician Network entities to meet Arizona State Licensing/Regulatory requirements and infection prevention standards.
- Responsible for planning for future infection prevention program needs and requirements in a changing healthcare environment geared to acute care, as well as population health. Develops policies and procedures to meet compliance with state certification for infectious diseases as appropriate. Coordinates special projects, including research projects and focused studies as required for the infection prevention program. Works with service line leadership to reduce healthcare associated infections in those environments.
- Remains informed and participates at the national and state level regarding infection prevention in order to promote future planning for the organization. Participates in the statewide HAI Advisory Committee work, as well as National APIC work to the extent possible.
- Oversight for the Infection Prevention Program activities as relates to construction projects for the organization. Participates in design phase of construction projects to ensure infection prevention input.
- Works in conjunction with the Medical Director for Infection Prevention and Control to co-chair the Infection Prevention and Control Committee and promote the effectiveness of the program.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.