- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Quality Enhancement
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 8283 N HAYDEN RD
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Other RN with current AZ licensure or other compact state license or Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Lab-Technology or Health Related field Required
1 year infection Control in acute care setting Required
Licenses and Certifications
Nursing\RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure And/Or Compact State Licensure State Licensure Upon Hire Required
Nursing\CIC - Certified Infection Control Certified Infection Control Upon Hire Required
This position acts as a resource and consultant to all clinical, support and management services and medical staff regarding organizational infection prevention and control. Applies epidemiologic principals and statistical methods, including risk stratification, identifies target populations, analyzes trends and risk factors and designs and evaluates the effectiveness of the infection prevention program and approaches. Coordinates comprehensive system-wide infection prevention and control program and activities
- Provides direction for comprehensive infection prevention and control surveillance activities including routine patient-focused and microbiological surveillance, outbreak investigation, environment and construction surveillance, and communicable disease reporting. Interprets surveillance data and presents the information to the Infection Prevention and Control Committee and hospital/medical staff departments.
- Consistently utilizes the CDC/NHSN criteria to evaluate and assign healthcare associated versus community acquired infection status. Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of NHSN and submits data to the CDC/NHSN database according to CMS requirements
- Leads and participates in network wide and local infection prevention improvement programs with special focus on CLABSI, CAUTI, C.difficile and MRSA, along with Surgical Site infection reductions strategies. Guides the implementation of best practices using recommendations from APIC, CDC, SHEA and other infection prevention agencies as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive infection prevention and control plan for the organization based on most current scientific knowledge and evidence-based practice. Develops and maintains infection control-related policies and procedures to prevent and control infections and meet applicable laws and regulatory standards. Serves as a resource to the organization for development and revision of policies and procedures with infection prevention and control implications including construction, environment of care, bioterrorism and occupational health.
- Plans and participates in providing infection-control related education programs for patients, clinical and non-clinical staff, physicians, volunteers, students and the community. Tailors programs to general, position-specific and individual learning needs and makes recommendations for staff development.
- Serves as a consultant to the organization in providing recommendations on appropriate patient care supplies, sterilization, disinfection and cleaning supplies, and safe needle products utilizing the latest evidence-based knowledge and the principles of epidemiology
- Serves as a resource to the organization on infection prevention and control-related aspects of construction, environment of care, disasters and bioterrorism/epidemic detection and response.
- Acts as Liaison with county public health, state licensing and Quality Improvement Organizations as relates to infection prevention issues.
- Consults with administration, legal/risk management, physicians, and staff on complex situations involving patients, staff, and the environment.
- Responds and participates in an organization-wide approach to emerging infectious disease situations, such as Ebola and Pandemic Influenza. Develops policies and procedures to meet compliance with state certification for infectious diseases as appropriate.
- Maintains compliance with national standards and regulatory bodies such as CDC, OSHA, and the FDA.
- Provides post-exposure investigation for internal and external healthcare workers in consultation with Occupational Health and outside agencies
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.