INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- GME TPK Intnal Med Resid
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 20201 N SCOTTSDALE HEALTH
- Work Hours
- Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Associate's Degree or 2 years' work related experience Required
One (1) years administrative work in a GME, residency program or similar setting. Required
The Residency Program Coordinator performs various administrative duties which are integral to the day-to-day operations of the educational infrastructure of the Residency Program. The Residency Program Coordinator collaborates and coordinates the resident recruitment process, resident and preceptor agreements, resident credentialing, database integrity, graduation, and orientation for the Residency Program. In addition, the Residency Program Coordinator collaborates with medical faculty, resident physicians, and staff to achieve program objectives and comply with program accreditation guidelines, mentor and develop other program coordinators, educate others on best practice and under the auspices of the Program Director, may be delegated responsibility for overseeing aspects of work output of other department personnel.
- Oversees the functions of the residency program. Corresponds with medical schools, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), American Osteopathic Association, Association of American Medical Colleges, the National Resident Matching Program, the ABMS, and other organizations as necessary to maintain program accreditation and program development. Supports the Program Director with duties which directly related to compliance with ACGME/AOA program accreditation. Performs duties for faculty and residents as requested which directly pertain to the daily operation of the residency program.
- Coordinates the annual resident recruitment/interview process including installing and maintaining ERAS software, daily application downloads, correspondence with all applicants, scheduling of interviews, kickoff/ranking meetings, etc. Supports the Program Director during and after the Match process with new resident agreements, required documentation, and correspondence. Prepares updates to program brochures, website and promotional materials.
- Administrates, configures and maintains New Innovations software. Provides training/assistance to all residents and faculty; coordinates and updates all residency curriculum including evaluations. Tracks duty hour and other delinquencies and routes notifications to faculty advisors. Manages all upgrades and revisions to residency management software.
- Creates and distributes quarterly periodic evaluation schedules, including the maintenance of resident dashboards and uploading of information to residency management software. Oversees catering requests for all conferences and meetings and oversees ITS schedules, resident rotation schedules including updates, changes, and revisions to the block rotation schedule. Processes requests for elective rotations, including all rotation related paperwork. Corresponds with community preceptors regarding rotation schedules and oversees preceptor agreements/PLAs. Enters accurate IRIS report information for Finance.
- Completes and processes license applications and renewals, coordinates all activities and schedules related to orientation of new residents, including coordination of orientation speakers. Is responsible for the completion of new resident contracts and the contract renewal process for existing residents. Distributes post-match surveys and new resident paperwork. Provides prompt notification to the Academic Affairs office of resident promotion, transfers, advancement, graduation, leave of absence and extension of contracts.
- Coordinates all activities related to program graduation including awards, certificates, programs, and ballots/voting for resident and faculty awards. Maintains guest list of invitees, alumni, faculty and staff. Works with Program Director to coordinator the event location (including all event details) and plans post-graduation faculty/residency staff dinner. Coordinates and maintains results of graduate exit interviews and graduate surveys.
- Provides support to program committees, including Curriculum committee, Resident Recruitment, and the Program Evaluation committee. Participates in annual program evaluation, including annual Strategic Planning with the Program Director, program faculty, and Chief Residents.
- Monitors program budget, prepares purchase orders and codes expenses accurately. Completes reimbursement requests from residents and faculty, including travel expenses. Processes preceptor reimbursements in coordination with the Program Director’s oversight. Tracks CME expenses/funds for both residents and faculty.
- Participates in the coordination of medical student’s rotations as well as audition rotations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.