Lead Building Systems Technician
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- John C Lincoln Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 250 E DUNLAP
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years of experience in building systems technician or similar role Required
Licenses and Certifications
Driver License Valid driver's license Required
The Lead Building Systems Technician provides leadership and direction to assigned staff. In addition to performing Building Systems Technician duties, this position also provides technical expertise in Building Maintenance, Power Plant Operations, HVAC and Energy Management Systems. Completes and records regulatory compliance documentation for ADEQ, Life Safety Code, Fire Alarm Testing, Annual Fire Extinguisher Testing including Fire Sprinkler Testing and Emergency Generator Testing, City Waste Water and any other regulatory compliance documentation. Documents work in Computerized Maintenance Management System. Determines and assigns staff work schedules. Assigns preventative and corrective work requests, monitors quality indicators, audits staff documentation, and performs other lead functions. Plans and schedules training needs of the Power Plant and/or Maintenance staff to enhance their skill levels. This position must be able to work independently, and with minimal supervision, be able to make quick and accurate decisions, maintain communication with assigned staff, customers and management to provide high quality patient care and customer satisfaction. Completes Capital Projects for replacement or upgrade of mechanical/electrical equipment or systems. Assists with the preparation of the department operating and capital budgets. Assists with interview process, selections and recommendations in the hiring of personnel. Mediates and helps resolves conflicts among staff. Assists with the preparation of annual and semi-annual employee performance evaluations. Monitors time and attendance ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Operates and maintains Power Plant systems, HVAC systems and other building systems and equipment across a variety of buildings. Maintains and repairs equipment using CFC’s in an environmentally safe manner using standard industry equipment and methods to evacuate, repair, test and recharge CFC systems. Maintains certifications and licensing as required. Keeps current on all laws, rules, regulations, standards and codes relating to Power Plants and HVAC related equipment and systems.
- Acts as a resource and provides training to others so they can perform corrective and preventive maintenance on the mechanical/electrical systems and equipment serving the Hospital and other campus buildings. Maintains a high degree of technical expertise in operation and maintenance of buildings, equipment, energy management and other systems to ensure safe and reliable system operation, code compliance and high operational efficiencies.
- Assigns tracks and follows up on corrective and preventative maintenance work requests assigned to staff. Verifies that corrective and preventative maintenance procedures are completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Follows up on customer service complaints, responds to customer requests in a timely, friendly manner resolving issues and problems with a high standard of customer service and satisfaction.
- Completes Capital Projects. Develops project scope through consultation with architects/engineers, regulatory compliance personnel. Develops and prepares the project budget and project control sheet. Attends all project meetings. Supervises project through completion. Approves requests for purchase using PMM up to the appropriate dollar amount. Assists with the preparation of the Department Operating and Capital budgets.
- Interviews, selects and recommends the hiring of personnel. Mediates, and helps resolve conflicts among staff. Administers appropriate disciplinary actions. Assists in the preparation of annual and semi-annual performance appraisals for review and approval. Monitors time and attendance ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.