LEAD-FOOD SERVICES-Full Time-2P-10:30P at Scottsdale Thompson Peak
- Requisition ID
- 02 - Evenings
- Food Srvcs
- Thompson Peak Med Center
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 7400 E. THOMPSON PK PKWY
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
1 year related experience Required
Licenses and Certifications
Food Service\Food Handlers Card - Food Handlers Card Food Handlers Card Upon Hire Required
The Food Services Specialists directs the opening and closing of the department; leads, directs and assigns work to all assigned staff, checks and adjusts staffing for absenteeism and workload to ensure adequate coverage for essential positions and redistributes work assignments to meet service demand. Assigns tasks, coordinates preparation and production of food required for all service points. Checks production tally against patient census, cafeteria requirements, retails areas, diet office, and catering. Assists with the training and evaluation of staff competency and performance.
- Opens and closes department at beginning and end of shift. Adjusts staffing for absenteeism and workload. Assigns tasks, coordinates preparation and production of food required for all service points. Leads, directs and assigns work to all assigned staff. Checks production tally against patient census, cafeteria requirements, retails areas, diet office, and catering. Adjusts amounts to meet projected volume. Preps, and completes food items for service as needed.
- Assumes grill cooking and entrée service tasks as required. Monitors flow of customers at all cash register stations. Resolves cashiering conflicts and delays. Monitors use of equipment. Performs equipment preventative maintenance according to specifications and requirements.
- Monitors patient menu selection process. Evaluates selected menus for nutritional balance and compliance with written physician orders. Monitors patient menu selection process. Ensures that "scripting standards" are being met. Ensures that modified diet standards are met at the patient bedside or during telephone/television selection process and that dietary restrictions are explained to patient as needed.
- Monitors and supervises all Diet Office activities. Ensures accurate and timely processing of diet orders, patient clinical nutrition information and meals calls. Maintains records of meals served, nourishments preparation & delivery and tube feeding prescriptions, preparation and service. Monitors patient census and adjusts work assignments to meet meal and call processing service demands.
- Inspects all areas for compliance with Maricopa County Health Department Food Code. Maintains production and service areas sanitation standards. Assures compliance with standards for Nutrition Protocols, Infection Control, Food Safety, OSHA, Arizona Department of Health and County Health Department regulations.
- Trains new staff and retrains current staff on an ongoing basis. Orients staff to all areas of Food Services. Evaluates task competencies, telephone skills and service skills. Reports performance strengths/concerns/variances to Supervisor. Resolves problems and service disruptions with a high standard of customer service and satisfaction. Follows up on complaints to ensure effectiveness or corrective actions.
- May be assigned to work any position in assigned work area as needed. Demonstrates a willingness to assist with additional duties; willing to adjust individual priorities to meet service needs. May include diet office, meal assembly, tray passing, meal rounding and dining call processing.
- For catering: schedules, plans, and coordinates catering for meetings, conferences, and education events; selects menus, forecasts products required, and arranges for rental items; prepares food, sets up and serves catering clients.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.