Lead Medical Office Assistant - Medical Group - Tempe West
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Med Group-West Tempe
- HonorHealth Medical Group
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 1626 S PRIEST DR #104
- Work Hours
HonorHealth is looking for an experienced Lead Medical Office Assistant for the West Tempe clinic. The clinic is located at S. Priest Drive & W. 16th Street and has 12 employees that work as a team to provide services in a Family Practice environment. The team consists of both front and back office admin support (other MOAs and MAs) with the Lead role reporting directly to the practice manager. The ideal candidate will will be a "working" Lead MOA with comparable experience and comfortable floating from front to back office. The hours of this role is Monday - Friday; 8am to 5pm. Come join our team!
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services. HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Other BLS Healthcare Provider Training Course C Required
Other Graduate of accredited medical assistance program Required
1 year related Required
Licenses and Certifications
Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date. Required
Fingerprint Clearance Card - State current Fingerprint Clearance card, or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card (NOAH Clinical Sites and Pediatric Behavioral Health Sites ONLY) Required
The LEAD MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT orients and trains staff in front and back office processes and procedures which may include technical/clinical aspects of the ambulatory laboratory, immunizations, and patient care. Supervise the Medical Assistant (MA) monthly schedule, identify MA staffing needs and make necessary contacts to meet clinical needs. Reports to management any MA needs or issues related to patient care, scheduling, or any other areas related to site. They may offer support for office software system and computerized health record for staff as required. May performs a variety of support duties including receptionist, telephone, scheduling, data input, supply ordering and supply inventory. Under the direction of a physician/ clinician, performs a variety of duties in connection with examination and treatment of patients in an occupational/community healthcare clinic setting. Serves as a backup for medical assistants as needed.
- Serves as a teacher, trainer, and mentor for new staff. Orients staff in front office processes, use of office software/information systems and laboratory processes. Trains and orients Medical Office Assistants in back office procedures and duties.
- Monitors front and back office to assure standardization and adherence to processes and procedures. Manages MA work schedules, performs regular evaluation of supply usage and costs. Notifies management when significant cost savings methods are identified.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, telephone, data entry, chart maintenance, insurance forms, scheduling and lab quality control.
- Monitors instruments being sent out for sterilization to ensure instruments that go out are returned to department. Also arranges for repair or replacement of instruments that in not in working order.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Escorts the patient to the examining room, obtains a brief history, documents chief complaint, takes vital signs to include weight and temperature. Preps the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.