LEAD PATIENT ACCT/COLLECTIONS Full-time Deer Valley
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- Patient Financial Srvcs
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 2500 W UTOPIA
- Work Hours (ex:M-F, 8am - 4pm)
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
**Government Payers experience preferred
High School Diploma or GED Required
2 years Patient accounts experience Required
2 years Commercial billing experience Required
Patient Account and Collections Lead serves as a resource for the patient account and collections staff. Assist staff in collection problem accounts. Leads special collections projects. Researches complex collections patient account errors utilizing various computer applications and software. Monitors daily collections activity reviews daily productivity of the staff and meets with staff to review. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs timely follow-up on patient accounts and collection activities normally found in the more problem accounts. Reconciles explanation of benefits to contract terms and files appeals for denials.
- Leads and serves as a resource for fellow employees in regards to patient accounts and collection matters. Assists in development and provides ongoing training to collections and patient accounts employees.
- Attends payer in-services and departmental meetings in order to enhance communications, and relations skills. Participates in process improvement activities. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.