MA Care Coordinator - NOAH - Venado Valley
- Requisition ID
- 01 - Days
- NOAH Prog Admin
- Support Services
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Physical Work Location and New Employee Orientation Location : Address
- 20440 N. 27th Ave
- Work Hours
- 8am - 4:30pm
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
High School Diploma or GED Required
3 years experience in healthcare Required
Licenses and Certifications
Clinical Other\CMA - Certified Or Registered Medical Assistant Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date.. Required
Basic Life Support (BLS) Training Course C Required
have a current Fingerprint Clearance card or within seven (7) working days after employment shall apply and be eligible for a Fingerprint Clearance Card. Required
The Care Coordination Medical Assistant will collaborate with the RN Care Coordinator, primary physician and other health care team members in assisting with the patient goals and action plan. This position is focused on supporting the role of the RN and clinical staff in optimizing the Care Coordination process and efficiency and effectiveness of our MA/MOA staff. The MA works in a team model to improve the patient's experience, create better communication and access to care. Proactively identifies and supports processes that will improve and enhance patient satisfaction and patient care.
Participates in data collection and analysis to support care coordination outcomes and identify performance improvement opportunities. The Administrative Medical Assistant acts as patient advocate through the continuum and is available to the physician, patient and family as a resource to facilitate communication. Works with the RN Care Coordinator to assist in identifying and monitoring patients with complex disease states and provides patient/family education and direction within their scope. Working with the PCP, the Care Coordination team assists in the coordination of medical services and with transitions between levels of care and makes appropriate referrals for community services for the patient and family/caregivers.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills in order to provide appropriate care when needed. The Care Coordinator Medical Assistant would need to be able to step in as a clinical Medical Assistant if necessary.
- Participates in data collection and analysis to support care coordination outcomes and identify performance improvement opportunities. Acts as patient advocate through the continuum of care and is available to the physician, patient and family as a resource to facilitate communication. Works with the RN Care Coordinator to assist in identifying and monitoring patients with complex disease states and provides patient/family education and direction within the MA scope. Assists in the coordination of medical services, transitions of care, and makes appropriate referrals for community services for the patient and family/caregivers.
- Assists the RN Care Coordinator with pre-visit chart review and coordination of records/evaluations from outside providers. Actively works with the patient schedule and registries in advance to anticipate and prepare for patient needs such as required immunizations, lab tests, and other health maintenance.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacies and others; documents and relays information to provider for action. Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills. Anticipates and organizes patient follow-up calls to provide "one touch" calls to cover refills, normal lab results, referrals to outside services. Organizes and prepares physician messages that require input so that physicians have all available information to address the patient issue.
- Performs routine MA duties as assigned. MA duties include: Escorting the patient to the exam room, obtains a brief history, documents chief complaint takes vital signs to include weight and temperature, preps the patient for exam, assists the physician/clinician on exams and any special procedures, prepare, clean and stock treatment rooms for examination of patients, maintaining infection control Schedules patients and patients by providing necessary information to prepare them for medical appointments and procedures, greets and checks in patients, verifies information for the patient’s chart and billing purposes scans insurance cards, collects co-payments, performs venipuncture and obtains specimens, performs CLIA waived lab tests, performs office procedures including, but not limited to, PFT, EKG, spirometry, or other tests within the scope of practice as directed by the provider. Provides a high level of customer service.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations of therapies, tests, and specialist referrals.
- Process improvement and innovation. Actively engaged with physicians and other team members to assess and redesign workflow processes with the ultimate goal of streamlining patient care processes.
It is the policy of HonorHealth to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity Poster.HonorHealth wants all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us at EmploymentOffice@HonorHealth.com . Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed. This option is reserved only for individuals with disabilities that are unable to use the online tools and is not intended for other purposes.